Wetnesday musings thread

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
It's raining. If I were somewhere decent I'd be wiping snow off my goggles.

Still shattered from jet lag, WTF? I've been back for 5 days now.

Lunch is still soup as I need got shed some KG's for the summer, sald for dinner, no pig products of any sort and no alcohol mid week. I'm doing OK so far but it's only Wednesday.

Got some drawings and calculations to do and then need to arrange some days out on the bi... I mean site surveys.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Wot's in the soup?

Going to the bottom of the garden today ( no mean feat) to watch stage 1 of Volta ao algarve.

Coldest day of the last ten years today, 5.3c this morning, nice clear sunny day though, no wind, I'm sure watching someone else riding a bike will warm me up :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    It's raining here but my colleague came in to work with lots of snow on his car (he lives next to Lowther hills). If the Mrs didn't have friends staying this weekend then I would try and head up to Glencoe or somewhere, instead I'm more likely going to get soaked on the road bike on Sunday morning. All the good MTB places here will probably have too much snow and I don't want to go and find out.

Boring day in the office today, wouldn't want to go out on site even if I had an excuse
  • team47b wrote:
    Wot's in the soup?

Butternut squash, swede, leeks, onion, chillies and real chicken stock.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:
    Wot's in the soup?

Butternut squash, swede, leeks, onion, chillies and real chicken stock.

...because those surreal chickens are a bugger to catch? :D

Do you roast the butternut squash first or straight in the soup?
  • I meant proper boiled carcass stock rather than an Oxo cube.

No, sauted in butter and garlic.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning all,
    Feeling a little grotty this morning. Combination of slight cold, face ache from dentist/butcher added to the after effects of beer and curry last night. I ran for a bus on the way home, this was a ridiculous idea with a belly full of curry swilling around in a beer bath. Managed to get the bus so at least it was worthwhile.
    Working from home again today and as it's Wednesday I'll be going out for a beer later. As it's the birthday of one of our number we will be going for a curry as well. Oops. Thai curry tonight though so that makes it alright then. Better buy the EPO a clothes peg for her nose.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning bin lickers

No wind to speak of today but drizzling. Ended up doing household stuff so have to delay pedalling till later but hey said it was going to clear up. You never know, it may prove worthwhile.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning peeps, just about.

Meeting all morning now trying to sort out some adventures in SA and find SRAM Red22 for sale and failing on all counts. Last day of work for me this week. Cotsworlds on Friday to see a mate and be lazy
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    No wind to speak of today but drizzling.
    Same can't be said around here :oops:
    Thankfully no drizzling at least. About to get the girl to walk to the Co Op with me to buy some fruit for smoothies. Getting her to walk that distance is a struggle. It's not far, but we have to keep pushing her to do little things.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Today is interviewing for a new treasury minion. Fortunately I've delegated most of the interviewing work to the other treasury minions so I have time to post on here :)

Wales beckons tomorrow so fun biking times ahead - albeit a bit soggy if the weather forecast is accurate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all, working from home today which was a good choice looking at the weather!

Any of you lot want/need any 10 speed shifters? i've got a couple of pairs of 105 (5700) i might get rid of, well used so not exactly pristine condition but still shift perfectly, probably £50 for each pair. Will probably stick them on the classifieds when i can be 4rsed to take them off the handle bars and get some pics sorted.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Off work to look after bambini. Took them to one of their friends' parties - all going well then random child appears covered in claret so everyone looks at me with that "well, this is your neck of the woods" look.

One heroic display later MILFS now find me more wonderful than ever. Slightly interesting new addition to MILF group appeared today, but think that it's not that she's that great, just better than the average rest that were there.

CRC package hasn't turned up, now freezing cold and starting to sleet, but at least I have pizzas cooking away for lunch.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Afternoon all, working from home today which was a good choice looking at the weather!

Any of you lot want/need any 10 speed shifters? i've got a couple of pairs of 105 (5700) i might get rid of, well used so not exactly pristine condition but still shift perfectly, probably £50 for each pair. Will probably stick them on the classifieds when i can be 4rsed to take them off the handle bars and get some pics sorted.

There's a dude in work shop with some knackered 6700 ones that he's been told he can repair by flushing them out - he'll probably have a pair off you.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Chris Bass wrote:

There's a dude in work shop with some knackered 6700 ones that he's been told he can repair by flushing them out - he'll probably have a pair off you.

hmmm, interesting!! he may well have PM soon! :D

edit - I like your advice!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Just finished pizza lunch and Palio documentary (very recommended), bambini playing nicely, time for coffee.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • This "cutting down on the drink" malarkey really is for fannies, or is it just me who needs a good glass of red after two dry days?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    I'll drink beer for you tonight HD, but only if you take the hangover for me in the morning.
  • Luckily I don't suffer from beer hangovers so give it all you've got. Red wine fuzz though, eurgh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • I had a hectic weekend on the booze and was convinced I wasn't going to drink this week but now have tonight, tomorrow and Friday booked up for what is more than likely going to be hectic too.

Don't fight it HD. Drink.

I tend to follow drinking with riding off the hangover. Flanders last year was bad. Three crashes, snapped the drop off one side of my carbon bars, bent derailleur and ripped tights.

Anybody going to belgium this year?
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Serves you right for wearing tights!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    Ok, so you didn't think much of my village... :D

image_15.jpeg
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Full of snot and bronchial disorder. Been in my scratcher for 2nd day running. Just up for hot chai....with Triple shot of brandy and honey. It's nice.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Mundane stuff, dreaming of collecting my Tarmac disc on Saturday and bike fit Friday.

No calls tonight, just chilling. Maybe a fasted ride tomorrow as long as it's ice free.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Did I just see a disc brake in the peloton on the tour of Andalusia???
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Slowmart wrote:
    Mundane stuff, dreaming of collecting my Tarmac disc on Saturday

You git!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Did I just see a disc brake in the peloton on the tour of Andalusia???
    Really? How many riders have died to death as a result of the disparity in braking and having their heads cut off by red hot and razor sharp brake discs? I'm sure I read that was the inevitable consequence of using discs in racing.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Quins wrote:
    Full of snot and bronchial disorder. Been in my scratcher for 2nd day running. Just up for hot chai....with Triple shot of brandy and honey. It's nice.
    What's a scratcher?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    Ok, so you didn't think much of my village... :D

image_15.jpeg
    Brrrr, looks cold. Where's the sea?

I'm not sure I'm going to visit if your garden backs on to a busy road, not child friendly.
  • team47b
    The ocean's behind me, it was about 15c so yeah it was cold, the more child unfriendly I can make it the better :wink:
  • seanoconn
    You don't want children pulling up your veggies, tormenting your cats, breaking your antiques (not MrsT) generally being loud and annoying? What's wrong with you!!?

Could you come and babysit?