Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Monday

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Salve

Ooooh - it's a tad chilly out there today - gorgeous and sunny but fresh. Weights session in a bit then onwards and upwards.

Coffee drunk, coffee on the go, have week off to guard bambini from each other. Wish me luck.

Ciao
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    get cold hands easy lad?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Yes - too easily. Fingers and toes are my weak points (well, that's not exactly unique I hear you all cry). Spent most of yesterday evening clutching, not drinking, a mug of tea to try and get warmth back in after brief Hound stroll.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    try the alpine kit brands. I use some very thin (soft touch) material gloves from mountain hardware for skiing and alpine stuff. Also have some Black diamond gloves which are thin/leather palmed and windproof.

both were 10-20 quid ish (seen as disposable with ski edges n axes n crampons). in terrible cold i use silk liners.

may not be enough as both those sports are slightly more active than cycling. Get your core warmer so it stops taking blood from the extremities
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Well this is positivly tropical for me as I've spent the last two weeks in air temperatures between -5 and -18 degree air temp.

One of the lifts closes regularly because of a combination of air temp and wind chill which when combined and drops to -40 can cause the onset of frostbite!

Anyway, a brief conclusion from Colorado is that the skiing is excellent, it damn cold, the bumps in Mary Jane are huge, the people are overly friendly and most of the food is crap. Oh and it's a long way.

Still managed a quick 30odd km ride the day after I returned though.

Diet is now on and here's to a summer of miles under the tyres.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning all,
    Welcome back HD. Definitely a touch on the chilly side here, but not too bad. In the office today as other people are off, had to drive in due to a visit to the dentist. He was quite surprised to hear about my new opening, said he'd heard of it but had never seen it before. I'm now on antibiotics and have to go back in 6 weeks to see if it's closed up. If not I'll have to go under the knife at the hospital. Deep joy. Not much else going on here.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Matthewfalle
    About to venture outside. Don't wanna and you can't make me do it.

Now, who's coat is this jacket? I'm stealing it because it warmer than mine .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    New Tarmac disc acquired, bike fit to be scheduled in with collection pencilled in for Saturday.

Today has mostly been spent thinking about the new bike, emails to people with rotating hemispheres as brains, while I've tried to sound half intelligent.

Cous cous for lunch, noodles and chicken for tea and a bit of emily blunt on the tv for later. Life is good.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    ...which bit?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I can confirm that you are all correct, it is cold!

fingers and toes are my weak points too, the rest of me is fine but there are no gloves or socks ini the land that can stop my fingers and toes from being painfully cold. Meant to get milder by the weekend though, i'd cross my fingers if i could move them!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Shiny Day

Plebs who sold me the new petrol genny sent me the wrong replacement toggle switch for the second time. To say that I am not happy is an understatement. Called another company - 'Generator Guru' for advice?! who were excellent.
    Tomorrow will be death by cans as we're swamped with 3 weeks collections. That'll teach me for going on holiday.
    @VN - Are there any upsides to the hole in da toof conundrum, such as do you whistle when you speak or can you talk like Bob Dylan with your mouth closed?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    @VN - Are there any upsides to the hole in da toof conundrum, such as do you whistle when you speak or can you talk like Bob Dylan with your mouth closed?
    No upsides that I can think of. My son wanted to record me drinking coloured liquid and squirting it out of my nose so he could put it on YouTube, I declined. I'm not allowed to blow my nose and have to sneeze with my mouth open now. I hear strange noises when I drink, and it's not the voices in my head getting louder.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    No upsides that I can think of. My son wanted to record me drinking coloured liquid and squirting it out of my nose so he could put it on YouTube, I declined. I'm not allowed to blow my nose and have to sneeze with my mouth open now. I hear strange noises when I drink, and it's not the voices in my head getting louder.

:lol: Soz mate, made me laugh.

So no 'Jackass' sequel feature length movie to cash in on?
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    try the alpine kit brands. I use some very thin (soft touch) material gloves from mountain hardware for skiing and alpine stuff. Also have some Black diamond gloves which are thin/leather palmed and windproof.

You're a bit flash when it comes to the bike clobber Flan. Can you elaborate a little please, i'd love a pair of gloves that give you a bit of dexterity and keep your hands warm.
    I can keep my core as warm as toast but the peripheries... :roll: e'g: Sock liners, thick boot socks and then over shoes over the... shoes (D'Oh) and I still have cold feet.
    Are there any winter hats out there that breathe and keep you warm instead of looking like a Welsh dragon when I go into the cafe when I take my hat off (with all the rising steam) or do I want the moon on a stick?
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

:lol: Soz mate, made me laugh.

So no 'Jackass' sequel feature length movie to cash in on?
    No problem, I can see the funny side. It would be a lot funking funnier if it wasn't my mouth though. :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Slowmart wrote:
    New Tarmac disc acquired
    Rather nice actually. Am thinking about a decent disc braked road machine when I can clear a space in the bike storage zone, sorry garage.

Drove through a small snowstorm leaving Teesside this morning - by time I got to mid Yorkshire the sun was out with no sign of snow and by time I got down to what people class as the border with the South it was 7 deg warmer than where I set out from. Now piling through the back log of emails at work so that tomorrow is not too painful. Will at least get to pedal tomorrow - will need to go fast to keep warm.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

both were 10-20 quid ish (seen as disposable with ski edges n axes n crampons). in terrible cold i use silk liners.

may not be enough as both those sports are slightly more active than cycling. Get your core warmer so it stops taking blood from the extremities

Cool (literally, it seems) will do: ta muchly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yep cold, especially in a house with a boiler older than Steve!

Few jobs and contractors around this morning was improved by going into Shrewsbury for the museum followed by a nice meal out with wine - I'm enjoying the new house
  • slowmart
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yep cold, especially in a house with a boiler older than Steve!

Few jobs and contractors around this morning was improved by going into Shrewsbury for the museum followed by a nice meal out with wine - I'm enjoying the new house

Given the temperature of your new abode it seems age is the sole correlation as clearly your boiler has occasionally more output than our fellow BB'er.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yep...house

Given the temperature of your new abode it seems age is the sole correlation as clearly your boiler has occasionally more output than our fellow BB'er.

That's very astute. Are you sure you are in the right forum?
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yep...house

Yep, I like the feeling of intellectual superiorness over my fellow chimps..... :wink:

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Some are Minions, some are chimps... some are evil gulag bosses.
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yep...house

Yep, I like the feeling of intellectual superiorness over my fellow chimps..... :wink:
    If you were intellectually superior, you probably would have used the word 'superiority' :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Yep...house

If you were intellectually superior, you probably would have used the word 'superiority' :wink:

Unless I woz reinforcing how low the bar is :wink:

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Very sorry we're cramping your style Slowmart :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    I suppose it's too early for the 'smartarse of the year' competition...
  • pinno
    giphy.gif
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    giphy.gif
    Whats that got to do with anything?
  • pinno
    ^ You and Slowmart. Haven't decided who is who.
  • slowmart
    Both are moving and thinking to quickly to be Stevo.

I have no style according to my daughter so you can't be referring to me...

Although both of us have an aversion to manual labour

Desmond Tutu