Single track beginner in London looking for friends!

Matilda
Matilda Posts: 3
edited March 2016 in MTB rides
Hi all!

I am new on the forum and wanted to say hello. I have cycled all my life but mainly to and from work etc - so am very much an amateur. But I love mtb, and single track riding - the few trail centres I have been to were soo much fun!

However, none of my friends ever want to join me on these kind of rides - they say they are afraid of breaking legs, arms and collar bones! So I am looking for anyone in the London area (I live west, in Ealing) that would be up for some cycle rides. Like I said, I am a beginner, so anyone super-fit would probably get bored of having to stand around waiting for me. I do run and cycle though, so I have some kind of basic fitness.

Anyone up for visiting any good single track hills for a Saturday or Sunday? Let me know!

Matilda

Comments

• You'll be looking out of town for your needs.

Swinley Forest near Bracknell, Berkshire would probably be a good place to start you off.

Other option is to look up the London Calling Facebook page for organised rides although I think these run more from Surrey Hills, just outside Guildford than from Swinley now.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • Total newbie from Battersea .

Just got myself a Bianchi hardtail and looking to get out and about with someone like minded / talented-less :D
  • steves999
    steves999 Posts: 11
    Definitely try Swinley...easy to get to and friendly.