Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I think I woke up at 3:30 this morning for some reason. I can't really remember, but I feel knackered now.

Today I'm going to work, however I have an opticians appointment at 10am, where my trial of contacts comes to an end. I managed to wear them for 9 hours yesterday, and didn't have any problems, so they'll do me for sporting activities, which is all I want them for.
Then in the afternoon, I need to phone a man about my motorbike. I've come to the point where I cba trying to fix it anymore, I just want to ride it again. So I'll have to fork out some money. Hopefully it's someone who knows what they're doing.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Early start for me today, half term so no work to do so I go in early so that I can leave early.
    Looks cold and snowy out there so I might put the snow studs on before I leave to give me a better chance of staying upright. Only had about 4 hours sleep and that had a big gap in the middle of being up so I could do with all the help I can get.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good monging all,
    Slower start than usual as I'm off to the dentist to see about the hole he's left in my mouth. I dread to think what he might fill it with.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I bottled it when I realised how cold it is out there and took the car instead.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oodboo wrote:
    I bottled it when I realised how cold it is out there and took the car instead.

Dont blame you, was out yesterday an got face freeze, this morning was colder so bailed an drove in.

Came in earlier today for some reason same breakfast but super hungry now theres a kitkat on my desk looking at me menacingly so it may cop it soon. Also rather hungover group of us got a bit wobbly on spirits last night, still came to work an craps broken again an the weekend support have ignored it as per. Onwards an downwards!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning dweebs,

The weekend saw guests leave, guests arrive, van being driven all over the shop and very little boozing! This will be rectified very soon!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening Tards,

Drove through a small snowstorm leaving the North East this morning. By time I was in mid Yorkshire there was no sign of snow and down south it was 7 deg warmer than when I set off. Now piling through the backlog of work email from Friday and today so that tomorrow is not too much of a pain after my 4 day weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Evening dillholes,

Rather interesting day on my end, been offered a job that will be close to where I am moving to so the long commute issue is sorted. Going in this week to sort things out.

But it means being self employed, never done this nor do I know where to start.....que google

TKM whats wrong with the bike?
  • TKM whats wrong with the bike?
    Feck knows in honesty. The problem I have now is that a bolt sheered off whilst taking the exhaust off. I can't fit the new one until it's out. I only have about 1cm of bolt to play with, and I have about 1cm of room to manouvre some grips on it. It's always raining or so damn cold that I can't feel my hands after a few minutes, and the bloke on the phone said it might not be worth fixing as it would take quite a bit of time to fix, and it may end up being cheaper buying a new bike!

So, he recommend the heat gun again.

Once all that's fixed, I have to find out why I kept losing power at 5k rpm. It had better be the goddamn exhaust, or the thing will be left in the recycling bin
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • What bike and where on the exhaust?

I know sheered bolts can be a PIA but they are always workable.

Big power dip at 5k?
  • Honda CBF500 the bolt sheered in the engine block. I know its workable, it's just finding the time to do it, plus having the tools. The easiest thing for me to do is remove the radiator, possibly the entire front end and get at it. As I'm doing now though, I have very little room to do anything, but keep trying.

Yeah, 5k and the bike can't accelerate any more. It just splutters. I've cleaned the carbs, replaced the coolant, checked the air filter and replaced the exhaust. Well...
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Ahh so on the manifold? I'd say drop the radiator and see what room you have to play with. But it sounds like you are doing. Any access to some welding equipment? Or maybe try some heat on it once you have more room to play with.

Too much or too little fuel? Find it strange. Might be worth digging around in the fuel system. Not really a Honda man.