The SUN day but brrr thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,315
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Af'noon nork supports

Is this what winters used to be/should be like?

Mind you, I prefer this to rain.
Where tf is everybody?

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Well, quick 30 this morning - sleeveless under layer, 3/4 Roubaix bibs, bib shorts on top, arm warmers, fingerless summer gloves, summer short sleeve top, gilet, no overshoes or any of that tat: nice and warm bizarrely.

Passed a huuuuge bunch of local hero wannabes all kitted up like they were going to the arctic for some reason. Oh well.

Apart from that, steak (blue) and salad for post ride brunch, roast pork going into the oven then chill in the afternoon. May be some bike tinkering but probably not.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Marginal thread fail - yours appeared above mine so I was there first. Ner ner ner ner ner :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I too prefer this to rain.
    Sunny, blue sky, just the slightest of breezes. Chilly though out of the sun.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Marginal thread fail - yours appeared above mine so I was there first. Ner ner ner ner ner :P

You've no proof.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Sunny but blowing a...was that a cat just flown past the window?...spring cleaning...mystery chopstick hunt is solved :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    ...spring cleaning...mystery chopstick hunt is solved :D

Mystery euphemisms?
  • team47b
    ...the story so far, the other day Mrs T and I were having a sword fight with a pair of chopsticks, during a badly executed derobment proceeded by a diagonal parry an unfortunate froissement led to one chopstick flying off in an direction unseen, we spent days searching the house and as you know we rarely even visit the east wing at this time of year, couldn't find the blasted thing, and eating Chinese food with one chopstick is a painfully slow process...

Tbc
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    confused, not sure where to post, Stevo said he was first, but it appears no body paid attention. So I shall post in both.

Glorious day around 5 degrees but with the pedaling you didn't need jackets n the like

Went to Coed Y Brenin, Crudded for a few hours. very rocky trail, wish I had a full sus, but was fun even if I was slow down the hills. smashed all the other guys up the hills without even trying.

time to go catch up on sport
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    ...continued

So we searched for the chopstick, it can't have gone far, it went up in the air, then vanished!

Three days later, that's today, I moved two bikes in the lounge (doesn't everyone keep at least 5 bikes in the lounge?) and the rear wheel of Mrs T's road bike sounded a bit strange, like a loose spoke pinging kind of sound, I looked down and the chopstick had positioned itself perfectly in line with the other spokes, if it wasn't for the fact that the chopstick was a slightly different shade of white to the white spokes (yes, her road bike has tarty white spokes) I would not have noticed it! Chopstick found, peace and order returned to the universe, red wine opened.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    ...continued

So we searched for the chopstick, it can't have gone far, it went up in the air, then vanished!

Three days later...red wine opened.

How long would it have taken to carve yourself one/a pair?
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    ...continued

Three days later...red wine opened.

How long would it have taken to carve yourself one/a pair?

First you have to plant the right tree, then wait for it to grow...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    A day of house stuff improved by the new local
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    How is the new local?
    I had a visit from local plod about the car over the garage. Told him they'd left it there on Friday and gone to Barcelona. Bloke was as amazed as I was that anyone could be so stupid and said he'd see what he could do but the Met only have 2 tow trucks for the whole of London. All the rest are council controlled. Fortunately the cat sitters Dad turned up and moved the thing so I didn't have to move it with large tools, force and stupidity.
    I'll now write something equally trivial in Stevo's thread.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Renato Bialetti died the other day, for the ignorant he is the guy we thank for our Moka Pots
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    15-8. Thrashed senseless.