Roubaix 2016 where to stay

Can anyone help with information on where to stay in or around Roubaix in a motorhome to be able to take place in the sportive prior to the pro race on 9th April.
4 of us heading down and doing the medium loop starting from Roubaix - looking for advice on where to stay on the Friday night before the sportive and/or where to park on the morning of the sportive in a largish 6 berth motorhome.
Thanks

Comments

• We parked our motorhome quite literally in the grounds of the velodrome on the day before. We got there around midday. By 5pm it was full.

We entered at the south east entrance off of the D952.Others were entering via D760, though there was a low bar which our van would not quite fit under.

If you go to google maps and change to google earth. You'll see a red football pitch. That is the the parking zone for campers.

Close enough?
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Thanks Colin - much appreciated.

Can I confirm - the entrance you went through didn't have a height restriction. My motorhome is 3m in height.

Regards
    Paul
  • Frenchie71 wrote:
    Thanks Colin - much appreciated.

Can I confirm - the entrance you went through didn't have a height restriction. My motorhome is 3m in height.

Regards
    Paul

Not that I remember and we had a big van. Saying that there were larger vans as well. But you can check using google earth. You'll be fine!

Colin
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Hi Colin

Just a quick note to say thank you for the information. Was all spot on and we had a fantastic time.

Regards
    Paul