Specialized Allez Crit Racer

Baron Ban Ana
Baron Ban Ana Posts: 39
edited February 2016 in Your road bikes
So here is my 2014 Allez Sport:

Optimized-20160206_115352.jpg

Currently used it for 1 Cat 4 Crit Race and loved it. Prior to that I had done nearly 10,000 miles in commuting and chain gangs on it.

Its just had its groupset upgraded to full 105 and Fulcrum Racing Quattro LG's. I ride on Conti Gatorskins as I am still using it for commuting.

I have a Giant Propel for dry days but I must admit I really am loving riding this bike at the moment!

Before anyone mentions it... the saddle angle has been adjusted so that it's level. :D

As a first road bike I can't recommend this thing enough... especially now they have all the Smartweld tech and that awesome looking Sprint Model in the line-up.

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    I like it... A friend has an allez, I keep telling him to upgrade it rather than buy something new for the sake of it, decent frame and as much bike as most people need. Are the quattros not a bit heavy for crit racing? Would have thought something lighter that spins up easier for those out of the corner bursts would be more advantageous?
  • ravey1981 wrote:
    I like it... A friend has an allez, I keep telling him to upgrade it rather than buy something new for the sake of it, decent frame and as much bike as most people need.

Thanks! I've grown to love this bike.... its always nice to be out riding people on Carbon bikes (when I can :P ).
    ravey1981 wrote:
    Are the quattros not a bit heavy for crit racing? Would have thought something lighter that spins up easier for those out of the corner bursts would be more advantageous?

I haven't really considered that! I am happy with the Quattros as a good compromise; i'm lazy when it comes to component changes from day to day so I have to take the commute into account. Something to consider for the future though. Thanks.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pretty much spot on.

I'd prefer black pedals but that's just me. Do like the bar tape