Specialized Tarmac Sport with Campag Scirocco Wheelset

ms130581
ms130581 Posts: 7
edited February 2016 in Your road bikes
Not looking for advice just wanted to share my set up as I'm really pleased with it and the price it cost!

To give you background I have had an alu Frame Scott Speedster 20 and sold it prior to Xmas waiting for Jan sales to make the jump up to Carbon frame

I settled on the Specilized Tarmac Sport 2015 which comes with 105 groupset the price from tredz was £999 down from £1500 they also have the Tarmac Comp with Ultegra for £1300 down from £2000 so two great deals for 2 very good entry level carbon bikes! I had enough cash to afford the comp but could not live with the colour as white is my least fav colour so since the theory is that in priority order these make the biggest difference to speed frame-wheelset -groupset then I was happy to drop down to the sport as I can live with the small difference from 105 to Ultegra. The one I couldn't live with was the drop on wheelset between comp and sport as the sport comes with basic axis 2 wheels that they fit to their most basic Allez bikes and the comp the good Fulcrum S4's so stuck the axis wheels on eBay and they flogged for £80 as where brand new ans then i plomped for the Campagnolo Scirocco 35 wheelset which cost £180 down from £300 and if I do so myself look the nuts on my bike so with what I got back from selling the axis wheels I now have a carbon fibre Tarmac with Scirroco wheels and 105 groupset for the outlay of £1100 I dare say you won't find much better bang for buck out there ? Whats everyone think?[img][/img][img][/img]

Comments