Thursday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Kept it simple with the title,

Cold today, office is colder as the boiler died. May go work from home sooner rather than later.

Got my brew.

Failed to train last night, wasn't in the mood
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Today is something a new for me, as I've reached a bit of a landmark on the age front. Here's a clue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9xfNn09eQ

Apart from the pulled muscle in my back I don't feel any older and I'm certainly not going to start acting it :lol: About to order the bacon sarnis for the office then I may start some work. Onwards to an evening of excessive consumption...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    So you are now a lord and your domicile is Hawaii for tax purposes?

Congrats, you are now officially an old fart, I think I can get away with saying that, son. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning all. Started the day by giving my leg a calf numbing whack with a pedal then got the 'Leave me alone you strange man' look from a female cyclist who I informed that her seat was too low. I had seen her the last 3 mornings so I thought if she's going to commute regularly she may as well do it properly.

Too much work today. Laters
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Got up extra early only to find a hard frost had decided to cover the roads so my zone 2 was cancelled

Work is mundane, gas exchange showed I still lack fat burning and my zones have been rest.

Onwards and fatburning increased upwards rate
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    So you are now a lord and your domicile is Hawaii for tax purposes?

Congrats, you are now officially an old fart, I think I can get away with saying that, son. :D
    I was taught to respect my elders, so big respect due to you T47 :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao,

Well ......

Coffe drank
    MILFS flirted with
    Dirk pictures posted.
    The Hound trained
    Another MILF flirted with
    Tandoori chicken and rice on the go for lunch as I type
    More coffee on the go
    Will eat, leave rest for a while, do a weights session, pick up bambini, flirt with MILFS then carry on with rest of day.

Will try and get some garage pictures for Flaneur.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh day is cheered by brewery tour later for our last night as a resident in the town :)

Happy birthday Stevo - hope it's all downhill from here
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh day is cheered by brewery tour later for our last night as a resident in the town :)

Happy birthday Stevo - hope it's all downhill from here
    It will be next Friday :mrgreen:
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Today is something a new for me, as I've reached a bit of a landmark on the age front. Here's a clue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9xfNn09eQ

Apart from the pulled muscle in my back I don't feel any older and I'm certainly not going to start acting it :lol: About to order the bacon sarnis for the office then I may start some work. Onwards to an evening of excessive consumption...

You know what they say

Be thrifty till you're fifty then spend until the end.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon all,
    Working from home again. Took the girl into school for a little while, she managed over half an hour today so that's something. Now in the next room saying her head hurt. Very frustrating to say the least. Jaw still rather uncomfortable where the tooth was pulled. I think the hole goes right through to my nasal cavity as I can suck air through it, sounds odd when I do that. Bored of putting information into XL, it's a lovely sunny day out there but I really need to get on with this.
    Office tomorrow so I wil lbe able to interact with beings that are approaching humankind. Cafe and fry up for lunch which is always a good thing.
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Be thrifty till you're fifty then spend until the end.
    Looks like I am starting in earnest tonight then! You can't take it with you...
  • Flâneur
    Not what Stropteen thinks mate
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    seanoconn wrote:
    ...then got the 'Leave me alone you strange man' look from a female cyclist who I informed that her seat was too low. I had seen her the last 3 mornings so I thought if she's going to commute regularly she may as well do it properly.

Too much work today. Laters

Fail. You should know by now, you shouldn't even try to tell a woman what to do.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Office tomorrow so I wil lbe able to interact with beings that are approaching humankind. Cafe and fry up for lunch which is always a good thing.

Your suggestion is that they are going in the right direction.

Af'noon.

Had to work today. Bah.

Toots 1 and 2 had been cooped up in a car for a couple of hours whilst we drove up Monchique last week. What a climb, what a future bike challenge. Then T47 and I took them for a walk around his village (not owned by him), whilst the lovely Mrs T47 put some lunch together. Insisting that I held their hands down a hill and they could walk up it free of assistance, anticipating a Jack and Jill moment. At the top, they took off and toots 2 took a tumble on the undulating, omnipresent Portuguese cobbles. I heard a sound resembling knocking an empty pyrex mixing bowl with one's knuckle. My immediate concern was her head. No head injury but the pop (in hindsight) must have been her collarbone. Poor sausage. Suffice to say she bawled for Scotland and she now has a sling which she is very proud of.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Your suggestion is that they are going in the right direction.
    On an evolutionary scale they are nearer to homo sapiens than a lungfish. Progress is slow.
    Ouch, poor little Toots2. She should heal fast at least.
  • seanoconn
    Sorry to hear about toot 2, I'm sure she'll mend quickly.

You kept your holiday with T47b quiet. He's never invited me to visit :( :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Me neither. Oh well, we've got a house warming to look forward to.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I must say I'm feeling a bit jilted today :(
  • pinno
    Now let's get this straight, I never got invited by T47 to go on holiday. I didn't go on holiday with him. I just turned up. I did not stay in his house. I even bought him a bottle of Vinho as I knew that he would have needed it after the toots had been round. He may have thought it was a gift for his assistance but it was simply anaesthetic.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    1. I do in fact own the village.

2. Sean, Bally you are most welcome to come and visit Portugal, you will only need my permission when visiting my village.

3. The wine was really rather good.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Perhaps T47 had Pinno stand in whilst the regular village idiot was on holiday?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Perhaps T47 had Pinno stand in whilst the regular village idiot was on holiday?

I love you too Bally :roll:
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:

:)

Hopefully better than tonight's brewery tour which was cancelled due to a power cut
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Hopefully better than tonight's brewery tour which was cancelled due to a power cut

Now that you are officially moving, will the local pubs go into administration?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

You really can't organize a pissss up in a brewery, can you ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

+1
  • Flâneur
    So you went to an old mans house, uninvited, distracted him with children, then drugged him with booze?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    So you went to an old mans house, uninvited, distracted him with children, then drugged him with booze?

I presume you are referring to me and not TLW?

Yep.

Tomorrow, I get my Alpha jacket. Just as well 'cos it's gone arctic up here. I thought it may go the other way after I spent wads - the opposite usually happens.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

+1

You boys with so little faith....