Digger

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited February 2016 in Pro race
Some of you may have noticed his twitter account has shut down

He's been issue a summons for libel so closed it down.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Who has issued it do we know? This is great news.
  • where is Digger based - I was on another forum and there was a Digger on there - he was from the NW of England

Although Im presuming he is in the states?
  • He's in Ireland I think.

Fran Millar called him out one time with his proper name and the fact he was a school teacher, so should maybe stick to facts rather than wild accusations. Someone also managed to google-source an image of him and his mrs, and posted it - he went apesh1t, which for a fan of 'transparency' seemed ironic.
  • On a broader note, I've never understood why those people who take no joy or pleasure in watching professional cycling, seem to spend so much time & energy on it. Go and use that passion on something serious like the plight of refugees or something.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    As with Cyclismas and the Kimmage Defense Fund I really struggle to sympathise...

What was the Vayerism tweet that has now been deleted?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    ddraver wrote:
    What was the Vayerism tweet that has now been deleted?
    He's just made his tweets private by the looks of things. It's funny how quickly they lose their bottle as soon as someone calls them on their nonsense.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    Well whatever (lets be honest, "BikeRetard" posters are unlikely to be allowed into that little club) - what did it say?
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    Well whatever (lets be honest, "BikeRetard" posters are unlikely to be allowed into that little club) - what did it say?
    Basically what Iain said at the top of this thread.
  • ddraver
    Oh ok. I was hoping for some juicy details. It seems this is one conspiracy The Clinic isnt discussing *smirk*
    - @ddraver
  • a new hastag on Twitter #jesuisdigger
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    a new hastag on Twitter #jesuisdigger

Lol. He said some pretty libellous shizz the other night when I had a 5 hour discussion with him and The Clear.

T*ssers.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    Lol. He said some pretty libellous shizz the other night when I had a 5 hour discussion with him and The Clear.
    If it turns out you were the catalyst for this I will personally install a hidden motor in the bike of your choice and I'll even hide the batteries too.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    If it turns out you were the catalyst for this I will personally install a hidden motor in the bike of your choice and I'll even hide the batteries too.

Post of the year so far
  • The tragedy is that he's got his own thread on here.
    Not worth the space in between 140 characters.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • off topic, but Matt Cooke, an american former rider, has deleted all his tweets but his account is still open but " has not tweeted yet " . I already read some of his tweets, not gentle with guys like Vaughters, Danielson.
  • joelsim
    off topic, but Matt Cooke, an american former rider, has deleted all his tweets but his account is still open but " has not tweeted yet " . I already read some of his tweets, not gentle with guys like Vaughters, Danielson.

Digger deserves it, so do several others. If you consistently spout crap with absolutely no foundation or evidence then you are going to come a cropper. Having doubts is one thing but banging the drum over and over and having all your disciples blindly following and retweeting strong allegations and probable untruths is very wrong.

I guess we'll see whether the fact that Leinders worked at Sky so they must all be doping is really the evidence that he so clearly thinks it is. Or whatever it is that is the subject of his libel.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    hardly a surprise and likely to be the first of many given wild accusations thrown out by The Clinic twitteratti.

Ross Tucker may need to reconsider the company he keeps.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    I guess we'll see whether the fact that Leinders worked at Sky so they must all be doping is really the evidence that he so clearly thinks it is. Or whatever it is that is the subject of his libel.
    Why do you think it's Sky? If it was them they would have done it sooner and there are more obvious targets for them (Cycling News, Vayer, France 2).
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    Why do you think it's Sky? If it was them they would have done it sooner and there are more obvious targets for them (Cycling News, Vayer, France 2).

I would not be surprised if it was Cookson.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I would.
  • I know a lot of blogs that sail close to the wind simply host their servers offshore and file all lawyers letters in the bin. Clearly Digger is made of the opposite of sterner stuff.

If he wants I'll get a kickstarter going for his defence fund. Paypal donations welcome, all cheques made out to disgruntledgoat holiday fund... sorry, oppressed tweeter justice fund.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    I would.

Me too, It's more likely to be Hein Verbruggen!

Someone was talking about Paula Radcliffe, that wouldnt surprise me too much

Saddles has a point, but still... it's quite funny
    - @ddraver
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It was only a matter of time. Wonder what Ross Tucker found so attractive in the bile-spewing moron?

There was some nasty 'anti-Zionist' stuff seeping into Digger's paranoid ramblings last time I looked. Hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

Karma tsunami for the asylum. Sock puppets assemble.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Being sued is like an Oscar nomination no?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Being sued is like an Oscar nomination no?

Only for white guys with no self-awareness?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • If it's Oleg that'll be hilarious. And worth a watch.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    The delicious irony is how he used to condemn cycling journalists for not speaking out, for not accusing riders etc. Well now maybe he will understand that you cannot go around making unsubstantiated accusations?

I unfollowed him a while back, it was the most depressing repetetive and poisonous drip fed account Ive encountered.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • joelsim
    CarbonClem wrote:
    The delicious irony is how he used to condemn cycling journalists for not speaking out, for not accusing riders etc. Well now maybe he will understand that you cannot go around making unsubstantiated accusations?

I unfollowed him a while back, it was the most depressing repetetive and poisonous drip fed account Ive encountered.

Yup, a muppet of the very highest order.
  • It's now been made an issue of freedom of speech by his crew. They really are stupid.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!