No motivation Wednesday.

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited February 2016 in The bottom bracket
Got the first Wednesday off work in ages ( usually our busiest day) , just dropped kid off at School. Wifes on a course in Leeds and kId will go to child minders after school until 6 pm.

The Weather is half decent ! but can I for the hell of me motivated myself to get out on the bike.

Don't know whats up with me this Winter? Other than the odd Watt bike session in the Gym, I ve hardly turned a bloody pedal.

I ve got a newly built ribble audax this year and xxxx£'s worth of Carbon Exotica in the stable, yet so far this year I ve probably logged less than 500 miles.

The only slight justifications are as a postie I walk nearly 15 mile every day, Until recently the Daughter took Sunday morning club runs for her bloody Pony riding, and the Weather has been total Mehhhhh!

I Have seriously considered cashing in the bikes , taking up Golf and just sticking to running.

Is there such a thing a SAD for cyclists because this winter I think its got me.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sun is shining, wind has dropped a tad but it's bloody freezing - stuck between getting the winter bike out and getting some rubbish cold miles in and not doing that as I know I'll just fall off and hurt myself.

Understand completely Tim's lack of motivation - too many years of turbo training also means that I detest it. Left knee is so shot that running also hurts now.....

Apart from that - just about to have 3rd coffee of the day, bambini were cool, starting hunt for £300 motor for shaggy jobs.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • More Korean Spam fun today.

Bought a new cafetiere and wrote off the lost one.

Full inquiry into the loss of the old one will begin when the Spam is sorted.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    Yes, spotted the spam was back. Bet ou're glad you were on holiday last week. Feeling rather bleary this morning, there is a large gap where a tooth used to be which feels rather peculiar. Doesn't hurt as much as it did yesterday though. I might have a coffee in a little while. The Aeropress is my preferred method if just making one for myself, can get a reasonable espresso out of it. Working from home again so also feeling a distinct lack of mojo. Haven't cycled much at all either. Dentist told me I shouldn't drink for a couple of days, but today is Wednesday. Maybe he forgot to tell me that Wednesdays don't count.
  • tim_wand
    Suns pushing through now, trees only have a slight bristle of wind. Ironically the Wife's on a two day Starbucks Managers course, so don't know if that will lead to better coffee or less taxes.

The clubs got a chain gang tonight , but its a real Ego fest in the dark, so some steady miles to my mates new Café on the Ribble are looking favourite.

Besides I m really Shite at Golf.

Actually it that sunny the Evo six can come out , I m not group riding after all.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Valley Ribble or Preston Ribble? Always need a destination for the Valley when I am at the Dates place. No we haven't moved in yet all good.

Cold today, long drive in as people seemed intend on constantly crashing. 3 seperate RTA's within 10 miles. Annoyed me.

Skipped my ride last night, blamed work, but some of it was just a meh mood. I feel this winter has been terrible for that behaviour from me. Normally I am out no matter what be it 15 miles for 40.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tim_wand
    Sorry. Meant ribble audax bike. Mates Café is in Calverton Notts, only decent hills around here ( half the problem of living in the flat lands of the Lincs/ Notts borders, Wish I was in the Ribble Valley, sure weather aside might be a bit more motivated to get out.

Any way shameless plug ( not Korean spam ) Mates café is Coal and Lace in Calverton ( named after the two former biggest industries in the area ) and I cant recommend it enough, Stuarts a real good guy.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    joshjevans wrote:
    More Korean Spam fun today.

Bought a new cafetiere and wrote off the lost one.

Full inquiry into the loss of the old one will begin when the Spam is sorted.

I'll just give them a quick phone call and tell them to stop it now. Trying to rainwash those without any brains is pointless after all.

No motivation. Not very good summer last year followed by very wet, windy weather and the rollers get a bit tedious. Not a good cocktail and I too am not a happy bunny. Despite all that, I have not put any weight on and should be good to get back to some sort of base level fitness. Will be riding tempo mowstly...

Meh, chilly but sunny today. Will now peruse the usual suspects for some winter clothing as it has all going very very cheap... :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    tim wand wrote:
    Suns pushing through now, trees only have a slight bristle of wind. Ironically the Wife's on a two day Starbucks Managers course, so don't know if that will lead to better coffee or less taxes.
    I hope she knows how to write numbers in the right order. Or is that what the course is for?
    Thinking about it did they discipline that dyslexic woman for falsifying fridge readings because they thought it might look bad like falsifying accounts might make a company look bad?
  • tim_wand
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    I hope she knows how to write numbers in the right order. Or is that what the course is for?
    Thinking about it did they discipline that dyslexic woman for falsifying fridge readings because they thought it might look bad like falsifying accounts might make a company look bad?

The course is actually how to Audit ( franchised / the ones they got rid of when they starting paying tax ) stores for compliance to Starbucks standards .

And the real ironic thing is that only franchised stores have to pass the Audit or the managers are disciplined, Starbucks own stores are exempt :D
  • tim_wand
    Came good in the end. Nice circular route out and back to Lincoln. Felt guilty about how flat it was and decided to do a few reps of Michelgate. Found this whilst I was out too, " Motherby Hill " appropriately named , fully cobbled about 300 metres long and got to be at least 15% Luckily its pedastrians only. Some nutter please tell me they ve ridden it? Might go back and have a go in the dark.

DSC_0038_zps2gf5rjbm.jpg

DSC_0044_zps3f9wk22p.jpg
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    A day off, gas exchange test first thing and then a couple of hours of zone 2 riding this afternoon.

Sunny, windy and warm for early Feb.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    cut the grass yesterday, washed the car today, who knows tomorrow, might really work from home :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    The madness continues at work. Had the joy of spending get 2 hours on a video conference with a bunch of Dutch tax inspectors. Especially when we got the result we wanted which of course was no tax to pay :) I left with a nice warm feeling...

Think I will have a drink when I get homem
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The madness continues at work. Had the joy of spending get 2 hours on a video conference with a bunch of Dutch tax inspectors. Especially when we got the result we wanted which of course was no tax to pay :) I left with a nice warm feeling...

Dutch Tax inspectors ! Is that an Oxy Moron ?

Can I ask an expert Stevo? Did Osborne and His lad really go to the Superbowl courtesy of Google , or is that just Daily Mailesque interweb bull crap! Cant believe he'd be so stupid.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    A day off, gas exchange test first thing and then a couple of hours of zone 2 riding this afternoon.

Sunny, windy and warm for early Feb.

How do you sit on the saddle whilst they test the gas exchange?

On another subject, ordered the Alpha jacket from Wiggle :D:D
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Dutch Tax inspectors ! Is that an Oxy Moron ?

Can I ask an expert Stevo? Did Osborne and His lad really go to the Superbowl courtesy of Google , or is that just Daily Mailesque interweb bull crap! Cant believe he'd be so stupid.
    Nope, real Dutch tax inspectors...

Not heard about the Osbourne thing before now but given its only in the Daily Mail which you reckon is a load of bollox...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Holland - isn't that the land of the holding companies for the those registered in IoM, Jersey or Guernsey? I would have thought they were the last people who would want to audit your books :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Holland - isn't that the land of the holding companies for the those registered in IoM, Jersey or Guernsey? I would have thought they were the last people who would want to audit your books :wink:
    They just have - and nout to pay :wink: It was mostly about the tax stuff that is behind the topical uproar on Starbucks, Google, Gap etc i.e. transfer pricing. Go google :P if you want to know more, as I don't want anyone on here to die of boredom on my account.

In the meantime, I reckon that's my bonus in the bag in for this year.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Work meh day was cheered by the pub and then clearing the top floor ready for Friday's move
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh day was cheered by the pub and then clearing the top floor ready for Friday's move

Did you get my email, or were you too busy 'working' ? :roll:

FWIW, I don't like this kindergarten font.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Got it now - I know a good chap
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Got it now - I know a good chap

Thank you.
  • veronese68
    Went to the pub believing I shouldn't drink. Dr that drinks with us told me it was bollox and bought me a pint of Pride. Normal service resumed.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Went to the pub believing I shouldn't drink. Dr that drinks with us told me it was bollox and bought me a pint of Pride. Normal service resumed.

Did pride come before the fall?
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Did pride come before the fall?
    Not enough Pride to necessitate a fall.