Bunged Up Ash Wednesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well I hope you're all giving something up for the next 40 days and nights. Possibly coke and hookers? Nah, me neither.

Today should be a simple day, get through work and then head over to Bury for a wee while. That's about it really. What could possibly go wrong...

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    From Friday I'm giving up moving house and due to the efficiencies of our utility companies, gas and probably wifi

Today is Solihull, but a slower start than normal as I'm going with my old chap as he has a meeting around the corner from me
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    First day of Lent, apparently you cant give up work for Lent.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning mofo's

I'm giving up being a sick note, one week on and this broken wrist is royally doing my swede in! Find out tomorrow whether it's an op or just leave it, hoping it gets left to heal on it's own!

Off for a drive to Geneva later to drop off some guests which sounds pump but will be the highlight of my day!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Working from home again today, not very exciting. Weathier is a bit pants, not that it will affect my day in the slightest. Dentist told me not to drink for a couple of days after having the tooth pulled. Surely Wednesdays don't count though, and alcohol has antiseptic properties. Has to beat swilling sat water around my gob.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    I've been released into the wild for a few days so I'm going to do no work in a few different places. Meh.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Morning fungtards

Yesterday was a good day off, where I took the lady to a very nice foodie place in Cardiff, ate a little heart and all sorts which was good!

Today sadly is back to work and is rubbish, just the Rockmonkey's advise :P

laters all
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Bah!
    That is all.

Oh. Apart from - where did you go Thewaylander? I'm heading in to The 'Diff one day next week for lunch with Mrs. JBA but have not decided where to eat yet.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Potted Pig, expensive but epic...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Fark it. I'm biking it tomorrow.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Morning Losers!

Well I hope you're all giving something up for the next 40 days and nights. Possibly coke and hookers? Nah, me neither.

Today should be a simple day, get through work and then head over to Bury for a wee while. That's about it really. What could possibly go wrong...

Laters!
    I'm giving up sobriety and abstaining from hookers.

Evening Mongs, spent a fee hours on a video conference with a bunch of Dutch tax inspectors. Deep joy. Especially when we got the result we wanted which was 'no tax to pay'. Wahey.

Off home for a drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    The Potted Pig, expensive but epic...

Cheers, Thewaylander.
    We went there a while ago and had a cracking lunch. The same people own The Meating Place at the other end of St Mary's St. Might give that a go.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009