Help needed indentifying my frame

kevlaa
kevlaa Posts: 3
edited February 2016 in Your road bikes
Hi All,
New to the forum, so thanks for your time!!
I bought myself this frame in the summer, and am just getting around to thinking about building it up! when i got it out again the other day it peaked my curiosity again as to what it actually is? any ideas?
It seems to me that it was resprayed and decalled by Stan Jones Cycles at some point, and i have no idea as to what the original frame is... unfortunately any identification by serial number has been lost in the powder coating, and at this point i'm quite up for leaving it as is.
Any one recognise it at all?
SJ1.jpgSJ3.jpgSJ2.jpgSJ5.jpg

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It could be absolutely anything from that period. Without a frame number or some other distinguishing features, you will never identify it. Even with those details, you would probably still struggle.
  • Imposter wrote:
    It could be absolutely anything from that period. Without a frame number or some other distinguishing features, you will never identify it. Even with those details, you would probably still struggle.

yeah, i thought it would be hard, but kinda hoped someone may just recognise something on it which stands out
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    It doesn't have any particularly unusual features, tbh. The lugs look fairly standard and those BB cable guides were not unusual..
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Couple of small points: sloping fork crown suggests late 80s on, two water bottle bosses was unusual until early 90s on stock frames.

Try putting a frame number out to Mercian, Argos, etc - they may be able to help
    Or the retrobikes forum?

It's just a hill. Get over it.