Rio 2016 - Track Cycling Tickets

Rio2016
Rio2016 Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in Pro race
Sorry if this topic is covered elsewhere but anyone info on availability of tickets for the track events for Rio 2016. I was hoping that the Zika virus might mean it was easier to get hold of them.

Comments

• Well, there's one way of finding a silver lining in a pan-epidemic
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Innit. I hear flights to Damascus are cheap at the moment too.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,231
    Bold first post.
  • Come guys (and girls?) give me a break I was just hoping to see Bradley's final hurrah. It's not like Zika us my fault and I'm certainly not planning on getting pregnant while I'm out there.

If I can get tickets I figure it won't be much more expensive than 2012. Given how much Virginia trains cost transport won't be to bad and hotels are cheaper in Rio than London.

Anyway just thought I'd ask. Best go out for ride in penance. :oops:
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Rio2016 wrote:
    Best go out for ride in penance. :oops:

You do that. And think long and hard on what you've said.

:wink:

Anyway, there's a risk Wiggins won't fancy it and just mail it in :lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Rio2016 wrote:
    Come guys (and girls?) give me a break I was just hoping to see Bradley's final hurrah. It's not like Zika us my fault and I'm certainly not planning on getting pregnant while I'm out there.

If I can get tickets I figure it won't be much more expensive than 2012. Given how much Virginia trains cost transport won't be to bad and hotels are cheaper in Rio than London.

To be honest this probably isn't the best place to ask. No-one is likely to know. It's better to keep your ear to the ground on social media. But no-one will be sending tickets back yet. They'll see how this zika thing plays out.

But have a look at www.cosport.com . They're a official resale site. I went to Beijing armed with a solitary ticket for rowing. Via Cosport I saw Bolt win the 100m, Wiggins and Hoy win gold, Nadal, Murray and Federer play tennis, hockey (my sport), boxing and more. (I didn't go to the rowing in the end). I was even making a nice sideline buying tickets for British ex-pats for a 20% buyers fee.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Rio2016 wrote:

Oi, you bad Sausage. I may be up to my ears in an offsite all week, but don't think I'm not keeping an eye on saucy posters

:-)
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Rio2016 wrote:

Oi, you bad Sausage. I may be up to my ears in an offsite all week, but don't think I'm not keeping an eye on saucy posters

:-)

You'll never ketchup with him.

You're welcome.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Rio2016 wrote:
    Come guys (and girls?) give me a break I was just hoping to see Bradley's final hurrah. It's not like Zika us my fault and I'm certainly not planning on getting pregnant while I'm out there.

To be honest this probably isn't the best place to ask. No-one is likely to know. It's better to keep your ear to the ground on social media. But no-one will be sending tickets back yet. They'll see how this zika thing plays out.

But have a look at http://www.cosport.com . They're a official resale site. I went to Beijing armed with a solitary ticket for rowing. Via Cosport I saw Bolt win the 100m, Wiggins and Hoy win gold, Nadal, Murray and Federer play tennis, hockey (my sport), boxing and more. (I didn't go to the rowing in the end). I was even making a nice sideline buying tickets for British ex-pats for a 20% buyers fee.

Thanks Rich I've been watching the cosports site for the last 6 months but nothing has come up. When you were out there in 2008 did they release these tickets on the site much in advance?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Rio2016 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rio2016 wrote:

But have a look at http://www.cosport.com . They're a official resale site. I went to Beijing armed with a solitary ticket for rowing. Via Cosport I saw Bolt win the 100m, Wiggins and Hoy win gold, Nadal, Murray and Federer play tennis, hockey (my sport), boxing and more. (I didn't go to the rowing in the end). I was even making a nice sideline buying tickets for British ex-pats for a 20% buyers fee.

Thanks Rich I've been watching the cosports site for the last 6 months but nothing has come up. When you were out there in 2008 did they release these tickets on the site much in advance?
    I'm not sure. I didn't know about the website until I got China. The good tickets started becoming available about three days into the games. Most tickets I bought a day or two before the event.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Rio2016
    Rio2016 Posts: 6
    Having been crucified for my first post (maybe rightly!) I return to pass on information for anyone interested in tickets for the track cycling in Rio in August. Surely everyone isn't so down hearted at this weeks results. The following I got from a tip on another non-cycling forum.

Tickets for the velodrome are sold out for all countries except Brazil. Only Brazilians can buy these tickets but they can buy them for friends. I have now got tickets for 6 of the 8 track cycling sessions via the person I booked my apartment on Tripadvisor. I have the pdf receipt but careful going this route after much research I would only advise doing this via a renter with a good track record and 20+ 5 star reviews. The owner I did it via is British (Brazilian resident) so communication was easy and I was able to verify by phone and social media. So off to see Wiggins pick up his silver :/ plus also have via the same source got tickets for the Heptathlon and 10,000m and long jump nights in the athletics :)

Flights for £850 so its going to work out about the same price as I was quoted (didn't take) for 3 sessions of the 2012 track events!