Sub Forum Suggestion

Calpol
Calpol Posts: 1,039
Wheels, Wheels, Wheels
Yes that old chestnut er wheel
Its possibly the most frequently asked question on Road Buying Advice. You get a variety of responses but its not normally long before a regular advises to UTFS. Fine advice but not very friendly to new members or old for that matter. People stop by forums to gain knowledge in as short a time as possible. That's why the Search function is not the first thought in potential posters minds. If people only used the search then the forum would die pretty quickly.

My suggestion is to consider creating a Wheels forum and transfer any Wheel related topic in there making it easier to browse through the topics before posting a new request for help or input. It seems to me that this might be a better utilised option than Road General/Road Beginners which seem to have a lot of topics that could easily fit in another sub forum.

BR has some great posters but too often new members get flamed for asking the same question as came out three times already that week.

What do you think?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is worth considering for sure, will see what the Admin think.

If people are getting flamed for asking questions, well, that's out of order: please report them and we'll take a look.
  • We'll have a think about this.

My only concern is when to stop with the subsections...
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    joshjevans wrote:

My only concern is when to stop with the subsections...

Understand that. It might be possible to amalgamate some of the less popular forums. Track, Cyclocross for example.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,741
    I don't think we need more subforums so I'd vote no, well I would if we were having a vote.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    The rule we try to follow with sub forums going forward, is don't create empty rooms. Instead when one group of voices becomes too loud, move them off to their own new room. If we feel that the wheels is drowning out other discussion then that's a good case for making a sub forum.

So that's the question, is it drowning out other discussion or threatening to?

Andy
    BikeRadar Community
  • I think a wheels sub forum under road would work well.