Miserable Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Meh. Morning Losers.

Worst. Night's. Sleep. Ever. That's pretty much my tagline today. When staying with my Mum over the weekend, she complained of stomach pains just before she went to bed, then spent the night throwing up, or the other end. Well, last night I went to bed no problem, then realised I wasn't sleeping. About 2 hours later, I'm trying to throw up in the loo. Couldn't though.

Also, I've got the worlds slowest cold! Every day it's a little bit worse than the day before. It's going to be with me about 6 months at this rate!

I'd take the day off work, however my minion is on holiday, and I've got a lesser-spotted minion in, who can't do half the shizzle that needs doing :roll:

Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Reasonable sleep thanks to beer and curry, but still tired at the start of my 4 day week
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Crap nights sleep on account of the wind as my house is one of these daft chalet bungalows. Also a rather odd feeling left index finger, had a craft knife blade snap and impale itself in the side with nail stopping it going deeper so now its numb but the nail aches. Suppose least its not missing.
    Also i messed up an came in a whole hour early, so decided im going home an an hour earlier.

Bar that crap tasting coffee from the machine is on the menu some gumph called Pelican Rouge not sure what its meant to be but its nasty so ill console myself a mango at some point.

Oh TKM, we to seem to have acquired a useless minion. An older chap who we cant decide if hes a failed 70's night club owner now mobile DJ or a used car salesman. Either way he dyes his hair an wears light blue suede shoes talks in a very loud Essex accent
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Meh.
    In the office today as my boss is off, also had a shoot night's kip with toothache keeping me awake. The poxy tooth didn't hurt until the pesky dentist filled it last week. Then I had to get up at 6 as the boy has gone to a physics day at Cambridge University. Not sure why he doesn't want to do physics and he doesn't want to apply for Cambridge. I guess it's a jolly as far as he's concerned. Hungry now but don't know what I can eat on this manky tooth. I hate dentists. I think I should go and punch someone.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola dentist haters and gheyboarders!

Arm still crook, weather not great and the whole of europe appear to be on half term, judging by the amount of brats that are around morzine! So not being able to ski is not all bad!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • y2keable
    y2keable Posts: 349
    Start of a 4 day week for me as I'm heading to Austria on Friday for a skiing week =D

I know all about tooth pain. A few year ago, I had problems with one of my back teeth. The pain would keep me up all night, so much so that I was pacing the kitchen at 4am, drinking ice cold water and screaming into a towel, that's even after swallowing 60mg (10mg over the legal prescribed limit) of dihydrocodeine. I don't think I'll ever experience pain like it again.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><b><font color="black">Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, </font id="black"><font color="blue">get up. </font id="blue"><font color="black"> Crash, stay down. </font id="black"><font color="red"> Embrase pain.</font id="red"></b></font id="Book Antiqua">

<hr noshade size="1">
    [:D] Paying close attention to my mental hygeine. [:D]
  • Step83 wrote:
    Oh TKM, we to seem to have acquired a useless minion. An older chap who we cant decide if hes a failed 70's night club owner now mobile DJ or a used car salesman. Either way he dyes his hair an wears light blue suede shoes talks in a very loud Essex accent
    If he's on probation, my advice would be to find every tiny little thing you can find to get rid of the bugger. Once they pass that, they get far too many rights :roll: :evil:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    If he's on probation, my advice would be to find every tiny little thing you can find to get rid of the bugger. Once they pass that, they get far too many rights :roll: :evil:

Hes loud, seems to think his Diesel mini cooper is the best thing since sliced bread, thankfully he is only here I understand for a software rollout. But none the less risks cannot be taken ive armed myself with a shank made from a filed plastic spoon in case worst comes to worst.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,
    My sherking has brought me here so I might as well say something. I had a pretty good sleep last night on account of getting the young uns out to a skate park yesterday. Bit fresh air always helps but I just wish he'd sleep past hast five, early starts make for long days.
    Today is just dodging work meh, later in the week I've got some sites to cover which gets me out the office. There will be much rejoicing as I hate being stuck in here.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Evening Mongs of the Crud.

Really wanted to pedal today but couldn't due to these bleeding gales. So I'll do it tomorrow instead. I amused myself today sifting through the CV's of potential new minions as my evil tax avoidance empire grows. Then I threw half of the CV's in the bin because you don't want to employ unlucky people :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Sleep, you lot are lucky.

For the past week I seem to be getting five hours sleep a day, wake up same time every morning and the sleep is spread out through the day.