I blame Wiggle..........

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,576
edited March 2016 in Commuting chat
For excellent customer service :D

My Blackburn Airtower 4 had started popping off of valves, and making a high pitched whistling noise when it was inflating.

I contacted Wiggle, after establishing that I bought it back in 2007, and they asked me to return it to them, which I did via Collect+ for free.
They also stated it would need to be inspected before they could either decide if it could be repaired, or replaced, and it were to be replaced I might just be given a discount on a new one.

They e-mailed a few days later to say that my order was so old that couldn't retrieve it from the system, and would I like a voucher for the original price paid of £35.
I replied to say yes, but was there any chance of having the Blackburn returned with the new pump order when I placed it, as it was still fine as an emergency pump, and I ideally didn't want to see it go to landfill, as it had served me so well.

They replied today to confirm the voucher number, and to say that my old mate the Blackburn was already being packaged up to be sent to me.

The beauty of this outcome, is that from reading reviews it would appear that the Blackburn pumps have gone down in quality a LOT, and this means I won't end up with one of the new ones, which was my sneaking fear.

Might be sad, but that kinda made my day, on a number of levels, and is the kind of thing that generates rants such as this, and also some kind of heightened loyalty - I think if I see something cheaper elsewhere, I'll go to Wiggle straight off to see if they will price match - for example.

Hope everyone is having a fine weekend :D
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Wiggle are great, my light died in the rain after 15 months use and they refunded me without question.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Yep, love Wiggle, and their price match is better than all the other big retailers (Evans, etc...)

Shame they don't stock more brands (Giant, Cannonade...) otherwise I would buy my next bike from them.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 102
    Yep i have been using wiggle a lot over the past year & never had a problem. Great customer service.!!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    have we seen that Wiggle are looking to takeover CRC? No, really

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35545260
    FCN = 4
  • daniel_b
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    have we seen that Wiggle are looking to takeover CRC? No, really

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35545260

Wow, no I had not - I can't see that being a good thing for the cycling community as a whole.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Hope they don't lose the CRC staff
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • I use Wiggle as my first port of call for all bike stuff. Never had any problems at all, prompt delivery, decent prices, couldn't ask for more really
  • daniel_b
    In unfortunate news, it now turns out that I was given false information twice, and that there was no way they could return the pump to me, and it has instead been sent to Blackburn, who will destroy it won't they - what a waste :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Daniel B wrote:
    In unfortunate news, it now turns out that I was given false information twice, and that there was no way they could return the pump to me, and it has instead been sent to Blackburn, who will destroy it won't they - what a waste :-(
    Maybe they get sent back to Madison who destroy it, and Blackburn never know that their pump went wrong and can't fix the problem?
  • daniel_b
    In a turn of events I was not expecting, they contacted me last week to say they had recieved a replacement pump from Blackburn, and had sent it out to me.
    It arrived today, £55 worth of Airtower 4!

I'm thinking I will likely sell this one on, as I have a replacement backup pump now.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18