Some Russian Chump...

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,137
edited July 2016 in Pro race
...has tested positive out of competition for something called medonium. Vorgonov is his name.

Due to him and Party Boy Paolini, Katusha will now face a ban. Kristoff for one will hope they get it out of the way quickly.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited February 2016
    The specific substance was added to the Prohibited List on 1 Jan 2015. This List can go up as well as down, Vorgonov
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Dang... not good for my man Kristoff. Though I thought Paolini hasn't been sanctioned yet (b-sample etc).

Here is naughty Eduard Vorganov
    VORGANOV_EDUARD.jpg
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Dang... not good for my man Kristoff. Though I thought Paolini hasn't been sanctioned yet (b-sample etc).

Here is naughty Eduard Vorganov
    VORGANOV_EDUARD.jpg

Paolini's confessed though. So no B sample test was required. Going through the Disciplinary shizz innit
  • RichN95.
    dish_dash wrote:
    I think the team suspension just needs the A sample not a sanction. 15-45 days.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Dilemma for Katusha. Do they:

a) pressure chumpo to waive b-sample and take the hit to get the ban out the way asap, or;
    b) stretch it out as long as possible and hope to get the classics out the way before the ban kicks in?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dish_dash
    ta...

What is the substance? Medonium seems to be some sort of video game thing and the google suggested correction of mecodium is apparently "the dark green substance forming the first faeces of a newborn infant"... :shock:

EDIT: It's Meldonium. A substance that "improves the quality of life, exercise capacity and mechanisms of peripheral circulation of patients with chronic heart failure"
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The_Boy wrote:
    Dilemma for Katusha. Do they:

a) pressure chumpo to waive b-sample and take the hit to get the ban out the way asap, or;
    b) stretch it out as long as possible and hope to get the classics out the way before the ban kicks in?

It's either P-N and TA, the Classics or The Giro isn't it?

Maybe they should send Zakarin on holiday somewhere remote for the rest of the year.
  • joelsim
    I think they'll avoid a ban.

If at least one of the violations involves no team members. That could easily be Luca's toot.
  • Any ban will probably be on the low side given the gear involved, Paolini taking the rap and the fact it's a WT team.
    21 days from today and they can return just in time to line up at Het Nieuwsblad.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:

If at least one of the violations involves no team members. That could easily be Luca's toot.
    That's not the point of the rule though, it's to promote collective responsibility. Like when everyone had to do press ups while Private Pyle ate donuts.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The Katusha re-branding wasn't so cleansing after all.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I have no idea what Meldonium is but I want some! Sounds like it would turn one into an X-man
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    ddraver wrote:
    I have no idea what Meldonium is but I want some! Sounds like it would turn one into an X-man

Just go to amazon...

51Z%2B0GwmCUL._SY450_.jpg
  • ^^^^^^ but : "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock" on Amazon.

And they have Caruso suspended in August 2015
  • joelsim
    ^^^^^^ but : "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock" on Amazon.

And they have Caruso suspended in August 2015

Caruso isn't counted as was a retrospective.
  • ^^^^^^thanks ^^^^
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

That's not the point of the rule though, it's to promote collective responsibility. Like when everyone had to do press ups while Private Pyle ate donuts.
    Does this mean Luca is going to go mad and shoot Cookson?
  • joelsim
    Details will be given today of the verdict. Cookson has already said it is not his decision but that of the DC.

It'll also be interesting to see what Katusha do about MPCC as they will miss P-N and TA unless they leave.
  • dish_dash
    Il Gerva was only on the recreational so Katusha avoid a ban...
  • joelsim
    Funnily enough I think that's the correct decision in this case. Personally I would give them a 45 day ban when their next rider is popped though.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Details will be given today of the verdict. Cookson has already said it is not his decision but that of the DC.

It'll also be interesting to see what Katusha do about MPCC as they will miss P-N and TA unless they leave.

I suspect they will quit the MPCC then.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I kinda dig that to be honest

LPs issues were far more psychological than performance related
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I'm OK with that. Got to be heavy when the next rider gets caught though.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash
    Joelsim wrote:
    Funnily enough I think that's the correct decision in this case. Personally I would give them a 45 day ban when their next rider is popped though.
    ddraver wrote:
    I kinda dig that to be honest. LPs issues were far more psychological than performance related

да
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    You lot and your double standards.
  • Its only a matter of time.
  • joelsim

Why is it double standards? It's not in anyone's interests to have a rider addicted to toot.
  • joelsim
    Its only a matter of time.

^Yup
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

It's not a double standard, it's a nuanced view :wink:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

It's not a double standard, it's a nuanced view :wink:

Majority of regulars kissed goodbye to that a long time ago.