De Rosa 888 Superking

s@intsteve
s@intsteve Posts: 90
edited May 2016 in Your road bikes
Here are a couple of pics of my new De Rosa.

First pic with Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheels

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECA7E5F6E1B46EFD!5092&authkey=!AJJNfX5JcHjDpXY&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Second pic with Mavic Kysrium Elite S wheels

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECA7E5F6E1B46EFD!9049&authkey=!AAT0HBt7Rac-17s&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Comments welcome and thanks for looking :)

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Pics not loading.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • I've edited the links, hopefully should work now
  • Very bold colour scheme, love it!
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Sorted links for you.
    Here are a couple of pics of my new De Rosa.

First pic with Fulcrum Racing Quattro wheels

WP_20150912_15_58_22_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Second pic with Mavic Kysrium Elite S wheels

WP_20151003_13_29_31_Pro.jpg?psid=1

Comments welcome and thanks for looking :)
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    I like it. I like it a lot. But I would have gone with all black tape. Very nice still, though. Enjoy riding it bud.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • bar tape and saddle to much - black 'em out. Otherwise its lush.
  • Thanks for the comments everyone, just back from a few days in the lakes with the family so didn't get chance to reply. Took the bike over kirkstone pass and the struggle, it rode really well which is more than can be said for the bloke riding it though lol - it really is great riding in the lakes just make sure you bring your climbing legs if you go!

Re the bar tape and seat colour maybe down the line these will get changed but fancy a new set of wheels first when funds permit :D
  • AD1
    AD1 Posts: 53
    How do find the Ksyrium Elites versus Fulcrum Racing Quattro?

I have a set of Ksyrium Elites on my bike and have clocked up over 20000km during which they have been bomb proof. One thing I noticed is there stiff and the ride is a bit harsh. Was considering getting either a set of Shimano Ultegra 6800 or Fulcrum Racing Quattros.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    How do find the Ksyrium Elites versus Fulcrum Racing Quattro?

I have a set of Ksyrium Elites on my bike and have clocked up over 20000km during which they have been bomb proof. One thing I noticed is there stiff and the ride is a bit harsh. Was considering getting either a set of Shimano Ultegra 6800 or Fulcrum Racing Quattros.

If you appreciate Quality then get the Ultegras over the Quattros without a doubt. Quality between them is night and day.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Very nice but as others have said, switch the bar tape for black tape.
  • How do find the Ksyrium Elites versus Fulcrum Racing Quattro?

If you appreciate Quality then get the Ultegras over the Quattros without a doubt. Quality between them is night and day.

Hi, I prefer the Ksyrium's (with 25mm tyres) over the Quattro's as I find they make the bike feel a bit more lively, that's not to say that the Quattro's are a bad wheel as I've put them on my winter bike. As for which is better, both wheels are for different purposes so I suppose it depends what type of riding you will be doing which should help determine which wheel set to go for.
  • I've got a Venge with Ksyrium's and it is very harsh, like an original poster I changed from 23 onto 25mm's and found it to really improve the ride.
  • Love it. I see some of these well marked down. I'm finding it difficult getting sizing info. Can I ask what size you are and what size this one is? Cheers
  • I nearly went for one of these a while back... Looks nice... My only problem with it is.... Can you guess???
  • I nearly went for one of these a while back... Looks nice... My only problem with it is.... Can you guess???
    No. Do tell!
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • PedroJake wrote:
    Love it. I see some of these well marked down. I'm finding it difficult getting sizing info. Can I ask what size you are and what size this one is? Cheers

The frame is a 54, I'm 6ft tall and find it fits me great. I got a bike fit when I bought the bike to get the position set up correctly for me. If you can, get a fit done before you pull the trigger.
  • Don't assume because you're a 54 on other bikes you will be on a de rosa. Their measurements are way different to most other manufacturers. I'm usually a 53-54 but my idol is a 52 and I could of still gone smaller.
    Rose pro sl disc
  • Treated myself to a new pair of wheels from the recent PlanetX sale - Vision Metron 40 with dark graphics paired with a set of Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres. I like the way they set off the bike, haven't had a chance to ride them yet as they are strictly summer wheels... hopefully the weather will soon improve. Oh and yes, the bar tape will be going black, just not got round to it yet :D

y3meat7hxQ5Bhm2IZ4Rof5cpWhfYB86iDB626uk_HRKTbs7_ObtQEI6DjE0000vqXyCX_wEvGNjHDYJLSHu9lrP83W7tY_3BloHnjndsW9I7ErxEpkaZP7zl00TiFZL5oOUjZYiZ4mM-0xvVcM5c0W1ubjjq3AErxRVGUBP-SkLlIw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    I have a pair of vision metron disc 40 on my de rosa. Really nice wheels. Mine are tubulars and ride so smoothly. Also hardly affected by crosswinds.
    Rose pro sl disc
  • pedrojake
    pedrojake Posts: 229
    s@intsteve wrote:
    Treated myself to a new pair of wheels from the recent PlanetX sale - Vision Metron 40 with dark graphics paired with a set of Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres. I like the way they set off the bike, haven't had a chance to ride them yet as they are strictly summer wheels... hopefully the weather will soon improve. Oh and yes, the bar tape will be going black, just not got round to it yet :D

y3meat7hxQ5Bhm2IZ4Rof5cpWhfYB86iDB626uk_HRKTbs7_ObtQEI6DjE0000vqXyCX_wEvGNjHDYJLSHu9lrP83W7tY_3BloHnjndsW9I7ErxEpkaZP7zl00TiFZL5oOUjZYiZ4mM-0xvVcM5c0W1ubjjq3AErxRVGUBP-SkLlIw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

The new wheels just make it. Loving this bike
  • PedroJake wrote:
    s@intsteve wrote:
    Treated myself to a new pair of wheels from the recent PlanetX sale - Vision Metron 40 with dark graphics paired with a set of Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres. I like the way they set off the bike, haven't had a chance to ride them yet as they are strictly summer wheels... hopefully the weather will soon improve. Oh and yes, the bar tape will be going black, just not got round to it yet :D

Cheers, I'm spending too much time looking at the bike rather the riding it. Can't wait for the better weather to come. How's your search going?
  • pedrojake
    pedrojake Posts: 229
    s@intsteve wrote:
    PedroJake wrote:
    s@intsteve wrote:

Cheers, I'm spending too much time looking at the bike rather the riding it. Can't wait for the better weather to come. How's your search going?

Watch this space ........
  • s@intsteve
    Minor update - finally changed the bar tape black and yes it does look better so thanks for the suggestions :D I went for Lizard Skins DSP tape and really pleased with the comfort and feel compared to the stock prologo tape that was on there before.

y3mCVqWhAwqb-qw-S_BwAOIGUcgnzuaLVHWNHhkoXZF05mlgctFbjoTrUIkS1gNXTH1FySkcKyQEBXwRimuCJGHBgPF5CnyiIkwD5bbRS6Q7xE2LemQ1qQwS8sc7suSoK8P3VLPzeWEQSsARzCyxf0qJg?width=1821&height=1025&cropmode=none[/quote]
  • Are you ever going to get the steerer cut
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • s@intsteve
    Are you ever going to get the steerer cut

One day I will...