Tall skinny guys

jbucky1
jbucky1 Posts: 13
edited February 2016 in Commuting general
Here in the US, people make stuff big, long leg means extra big waste.
Its essential to have a long leg in rain pants but sucks to have to deal with an extra large waste if you are slim / skinny / tall.

The only rain pants I have are way too large at waste and its kinda annoying.

The brands I have tried, Endura, Showers Pass and Pear Izumi are all the same, way too large waist and most not long enough in the leg.

Anyone have experience with a brand with good cuts, good materials? I'm willing to spend.

Ideally im looking for a slim waste 31/32" with a 35 or 36" leg ?

anyone
--
instagram and twitter : @jbucky1

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    waist....waste is what goes in the trash.....

What are rain pants? After 500 million years of evolution my skin is waterproof and I've never felt the need for anything to cover them when it's raining and not sure I've seen anything (Maybe through not looking).

Here in the UK less people are obese (though we are catching up) and in normal trousers at least you would have many brands available to fit.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,495
    35-36 inch leg is pretty long.
    In general the Italian stuff is designed for slimmer builds.
  • I'm not sure being in the US has anything to do with it. Those brands you mention are available here in the UK as well, so I suppose it's just a case of them making sizes that sell, rather than produce sizes for people who don't fit into the normal size ranges. I'm at the other end of the scale, skinny but short, and it's quite limiting to find things that fit well (although I suspect not as difficult as you do, as I can always choose the Italian makes that seem to cater for 'my type').
    It might be better to go for some shower resistant bib tights (Sportful Norain spring to mind), as at least lycra will stretch as opposed to the rainproof overtrousers that you are seeking. Even then, you might struggle to get a good fit.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just because they sell here, doesn't mean they use the same sizes....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Not sure if this is any good but look at waterproof trousers for walking. Some brands are longer than others for a given waist. I use sprayway waterproof trousers in their own waterproof material. I got it for walking but now use it cycling. It's longer than a lot of brands. Scandinavian brands tend to be longer and slimmer fits. Rab and even Montane used to be longer.

BTW I'm 6'5" tall and a 32"/34" waist. For walking I've had plenty of issues with trousers and waterproof trousers so I know about your problems.

One more thing I do, sealskinz socks. If your waterproof trousers ride up the gap is taken by the waterproof socks. In the USA you can also get Gore-tex socks which are actually better. IIRC Rocky Gore-tex socks are highly rated by walkers but no longer available over here in the UK, but they're a US firm so you can get them easier.