Mechanical Doping update

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Bad day for Zipp to release these - http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ets-46268/

(No I know it's not, but you know...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    You know it's a rubbish hoax when even the Asylum doesn't seem to be lending it much credence.

It's actually not as bad over there as I thought - they seem to get confused when actual confirmed cheating happens.

Belter. I would dread the inevitable melancholy that descended after every Scooby Doo collar.

The best bit is Frenchie's GF getting all shirty becasue people are questioning Bertie's Bike Changes. The pure ass water that woman posts about Froome... :roll:

I be like 'pure ass water, what tha...

Oh.''
  • Joelsim wrote:
    From what I can garner the UCI tested for some RF/electromagnetics, which showed up, took the saddle off and found wires in there, then took the cranks off which didn't come off as normal to find the motor hidden in the BB. It appears that the bike looked exactly the same as a non-motored bike to the naked eye. It apparently also had her name on it.

Cookson has said that they don't want to go into more detail about this new detection equipment for obvious reasons.

As far as I'm aware historically, they have only really been checking bikes in the last couple of years.

The UCI have been going over bikes for the last 6 seasons. Refining their checking processes in the period, mind
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Morally what's the difference between this and what Nibali did in the Vuelta?

One is premeditated, the other opportunistic.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Morally what's the difference between this and what Nibali did in the Vuelta?

One is premeditated, the other opportunistic.

One can also be turned into a stick to whack road cycling with, and drag up all of the same rubbish that has been discounted over and over and over...
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Electromagnetic wheels do exist, but they don't look like that. They have magnets placed around the wheel with alternating polarities and a stationary electromagnet which switches it's polarity. In practice though, they are impractical as the magnets are too big and the electromagnet really needs to be plugged into the mains to be effective. You're better off with a motor.

That Cyclingnews article has to be the most scientifically illiterate report I have seen in a long time. If I had written that at school my GCSE physics teacher would have suggested I try art instead. Still Stephen Farrand will be able to buy some himself when that Nigerian Prince comes through with that money he promised him.

Is this what you mean Rich? Bedini wheel

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/bedinissgkit/bedinissgkit.pdf
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    RichN95 wrote:
    Electromagnetic wheels do exist, but they don't look like that. They have magnets placed around the wheel with alternating polarities and a stationary electromagnet which switches it's polarity. In practice though, they are impractical as the magnets are too big and the electromagnet really needs to be plugged into the mains to be effective. You're better off with a motor.

That Cyclingnews article has to be the most scientifically illiterate report I have seen in a long time. If I had written that at school my GCSE physics teacher would have suggested I try art instead. Still Stephen Farrand will be able to buy some himself when that Nigerian Prince comes through with that money he promised him.

Is this what you mean Rich? Bedini wheel

http://www.energyscienceforum.com/bedinissgkit/bedinissgkit.pdf
    Yeah, that's basically it. Here's one working.
    http://youtu.be/K1Vwt0uzqvU
    Basically a big inefficient motor.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • do CF and Sky should be worried when A.Vayer said he publish an amazing book in February, he is photographed with Hajo Seppelt and with this mechanical doping yesterday, he wrote: Hang out, best is to come, Then real cycling. He said last year that Froome used a motor. I do not know what to think.

I wrote this Sunday and I can not stop thinking that Vayer planning something with the German journalist Seppelt. He wrote today, "Ah ah Some will, soon, very have little mouth I have the Bluetooth with Lisbeth.." Or I should stop reading The Asylum and return to my first love: they have bigger motors ( F1) :)

Boonen, Cancellara, Hesjedal , Contador Froome and Movistar are back in the discussion for mechanical doping.

this type of doping would involve more than the rider, would be really damaging to any team. :(
  • I like the wheel with magnets in - although it'll be a bit obvious the next time some idiot strews the road with tacks and a kilo of ironmongery mysteriously sticks to the wheel...
  • Richmond Racer 2
    Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
    edited February 2016
    do CF and Sky should be worried when A.Vayer said he publish an amazing book in February, he is photographed with Hajo Seppelt and with this mechanical doping yesterday, he wrote: Hang out, best is to come, Then real cycling. He said last year that Froome used a motor. I do not know what to think.

I wrote this Sunday and I can not stop thinking that Vayer planning something with the German journalist Seppelt. He wrote today, "Ah ah Some will, soon, very have little mouth I have the Bluetooth with Lisbeth.." Or I should stop reading The Asylum and return to my first love: they have bigger motors ( F1) :)

Boonen, Cancellara, Hesjedal , Contador Froome and Movistar are back in the discussion for mechanical doping.

this type of doping would involve more than the rider, would be really damaging to any team. :(

delete post
  • do CF and Sky should be worried when A.Vayer said he publish an amazing book in February, he is photographed with Hajo Seppelt and with this mechanical doping yesterday, he wrote: Hang out, best is to come, Then real cycling. He said last year that Froome used a motor. I do not know what to think.

No offence, Chris, but I think mind-altering drugs might actually help me understand your last 2 posts...does it help if I chuck these words through a random sentence generator?

And if you find yourself sucked into the Asylum, there is no hope
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ^ Might explain the double vision.

It's more likely that, having had his scientific credentials shredded by Swart, Vayer is trying to maintain some relevance for his TdF column gig by association with a real investigative journalist like Seppelt. I expect Seppelt will drop Vayer when he realises that he's a fantasist zoomer.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Macaloon wrote:
    ^ Might explain the double vision.

It's more likely that, having had his scientific credentials shredded by Swart, Vayer is trying to maintain some relevance for his TdF column gig by association with a real investigative journalist like Seppelt. I expect Seppelt will drop Vayer when he realises that he's a fantasist zoomer.

Well, I thought it best to just crack on with the gear

Now, whats a zoomer, Maca? My education has been remiss
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    ddraver wrote:
    A day?

Dude, Vayer and Joel had that down by Saturday night!

Please don't put me in their camp, I spend hours arguing with the Twitterati about bollox.
  • Macaloon
    Zoomer - a conspiracist immune to reason. See Scottish Nationalists, Corbynistas, Clinic regulars, Joel Mk I, anyone not not blocked by Digger/Snape...
  • Joelsim wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    A day?

Dude, Vayer and Joel had that down by Saturday night!

Please don't put me in their camp, I spend hours arguing with the Twitterati about bollox.

This is true, you do
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Zoomer - a conspiracist immune to reason. See Scottish Nationalists, Corbynistas, Clinic regulars, Joel Mk I, anyone not not blocked by Digger/Snape...

Ta. Now better informed.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Macaloon wrote:
    And everyone's new favourite, the rapper B.o.B., who genuinely believes the earth is flat.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    Macaloon wrote:

Ta. Now better informed.

That's still very worrying from my perspective. :shock:

Anyway, must dash, need to sit in Cookson's garden for a couple of hours to see if Coe turns up.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Joel switched back to batsh1t crazy then....

Revisit them, there are quite a few.

Have you any thoughts on the suggestion in certain quarters of Twitter that Froome must have used one on Ventoux, thereby explaining the spinning cadence, alleged low heart rate and why Sky keep him so skinny.

No evidence and that is his trademark move which he's done several times since when his bike has been tested afterwards including La Pierre-Saint Martin

There's no evidence that Cancellara had a motor either
    Riding away from the field and going solo is his trademark move.
    Possibly Cancellara's bike hasn't been tested....

You're being very inconsistent in your thinking.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon
    Joelsim wrote:
    That's still very worrying from my perspective. :shock:

Anyway, must dash, need to sit in Cookson's garden for a couple of hours to see if Coe turns up.

I'm being slightly unfair. You flew the 'they're all at it' flag with more class than anyone bar thebigbean.
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Joelsim wrote:
    From what I can garner the UCI tested for some RF/electromagnetics, which showed up, took the saddle off and found wires in there, then took the cranks off which didn't come off as normal to find the motor hidden in the BB. It appears that the bike looked exactly the same as a non-motored bike to the naked eye. It apparently also had her name on it.

Cookson has said that they don't want to go into more detail about this new detection equipment for obvious reasons.

As far as I'm aware historically, they have only really been checking bikes in the last couple of years.

So basically they went down to B&Q and bought a stud finder?
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Joel switched back to batsh1t crazy then....

Revisit them, there are quite a few.

Have you any thoughts on the suggestion in certain quarters of Twitter that Froome must have used one on Ventoux, thereby explaining the spinning cadence, alleged low heart rate and why Sky keep him so skinny.

No evidence and that is his trademark move which he's done several times since when his bike has been tested afterwards including La Pierre-Saint Martin

There's no evidence that Cancellara had a motor either
    Riding away from the field and going solo is his trademark move.
    Possibly Cancellara's bike hasn't been tested....

You're being very inconsistent in your thinking.

Hmm, having watched 5 or 6 pieces of footage again yesterday, my mind is telling me there is something strange.
  • That electromagnet wheel is a ridiculous idea. Any gain in watts would be lost through rotational weight added to the wheel from all those magnets. Surely Van den Driessche's direct drive motor would be much more efficient. Hopefully the UCI/Cookson will release some photos of the set up.
  • frisbee wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:

So basically they went down to B&Q and bought a stud finder?

I'd be up for that... :wink:
  • Family friend of the Van den Driessche fam comes forward, says it's his bike and backs up their story

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ow_twitter
  • fearby
    fearby Posts: 245
    Family friend of the Van den Driessche fam comes forward, says it's his bike and backs up their story

Does it make sense though?
    I am the mate of a favourite for the worl title so doI go down to the race and hang around the pits area with my highly illegal bike or stand on the side of the race and cheer her on? It is a strange excuse the more you think about it.
  • joelsim
    Family friend of the Van den Driessche fam comes forward, says it's his bike and backs up their story

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/694238540192964609
  • Joelsim wrote:

https://twitter.com/dimspace/status/694238540192964609

^Dave's surpassed himself with that pic too
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    He's clearly never been to Holland or Belgium mind...

2012_tour_de_france_stage2_vise_philippe_gilbert_wife3a.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver