Clothing Storage

hucko003
hucko003 Posts: 28
edited February 2016 in Road general
A bit of a weird topic, but is it possible to get hangers for bib shorts / tights anywhere? Always a bit of a pain to hang up and was just wondering if such a thing existed.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    hucko003 wrote:
    A bit of a weird topic, but is it possible to get hangers for bib shorts / tights anywhere? Always a bit of a pain to hang up and was just wondering if such a thing existed.

Is this after you've ironed them? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hangerworld-Str ... ds=hangers

either use the clips or just hook over.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    hucko003 wrote:

Shove them in a drawer?
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    redvee wrote:
    hucko003 wrote:

Is this after you've ironed them? :lol:

Or, if you're really posh, after you have had them dry cleaned and pressed?
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    SheffSimon wrote:
    Shove them in a drawer?
    ^^This
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ^That
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I use these:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00193386/

Jerseys/jackets/gilets all get hung up but socks, bases, warmers, bibs and other bits get rolled up and filed away. Saves rummaging about in drawers and only finding one leg warmer.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm another 'stuff it all in a drawer' type of cyclist. Whenever the drawer gets too full to shut, I've clearly accumulated too much stuff again so I chuck some of it out. The contents seem to adjust according to the season; at the moment it's all Goretex, windstopper, wooly boolie socks, buffs, hats and roubaix bibtights on top. In the summer the SS tops and lightweight bibshorts seem to come up to the surface. It's a kind of self-regulating ecosystem...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I actually employ people to stand in the spare room wearing my bib shorts to save having to find alternative storage solutions: multiple benefits:

1. If they all crowd together they take up less space than a closet/chest of drawers
    2. If I have a party I can wheel them out and I look popular
    3. My chamois pads are always warm whenever I put shorts on.

To ensure cleanliness of the bib short wearer I have them degreaser and bead blasted once a week whether they need it or not.

HTH
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.