Richmond Racer 2 Posts: 4,698
edited January 2016 in Pro race
Li'l Pete's just gone and won the Cuddles Road Race

Attacked on the final climb, booted it and stayed away

Bootiful :D

Comments

• mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Just watching the final km's on you tube, nicely timed attack!

That's two wins for My Man Team - Brambilla in Majorca and now lil Pete
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Nice words for Luke Rowe...

"I have to thank Luke Rowe really. The whole race he was saying 'stay calm, stay calm'. I went up the road with just over a lap to go with a couple of riders and right away he said 'sit up, it's not going to work.' He just kept me calm during the race and said 'hit it', like Richie Porte did on Willunga, just don't look back and I did it," Kennaugh explained in a post-race television interview.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Fantastic ride, blowing everyone away up the big hill like that. OGE doing very little to chase then "doing a Gerrans" (hoping it comes down to sprint).
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Big fan of Luke Rowe. Despite being born in the wrong country, he could probably talk Etixx into self-destruction if he doesn't have the Stannard hammer, yet.

Bloody love Kennaugh's jersey.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    In recognition of French's absence - that pinerello looks rubbish in white & small size.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I woke up about 2am and found 3 Live TV sports .
    Rugby World 7's, Cricket ODI NZ v Pakistan and a cycle race with 100 miles of beach roads still to go. (lovely beaches)
    4 riders got away and 2 more chased them down and they all got a minute lead. then the cameras with phil and an OZ commentator constantly discussing the merits of Simon Gerrans winning made it boring and that put me to sleep.
    Well England had lost the semi final and NZ well on the way.h

Nice to see the youtube finish with a briliant attack and win by Pete.

next is cyclo cross worlds.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • impressive ride that! not sure why OGE didn't stick someone on the front earlier when katusha were riding they all just went too hard and cooked themselves ps. Katusha and Lottos kit is easy to mix up IMO
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Good win. He was super strong and confident, and I think his bike looks good!
  • Classy little rider is Pete!
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    In recognition of French's absence - that pinerello looks rubbish in white & small size.

Agree, though that's the only decent Sky jersey we are going to see all season...