Cable set for Campy Veloce (was Xenon) break shifters

2_tyred_itai
2_tyred_itai Posts: 53
edited January 2016 in Workshop
Hi, I searched but couldn't find anything conclusive. Does anyone know what cable sets are compatible with the Xenon Ergopower 10sp break shift levers? The front and rear derailleurs are Veloce, though I assume that doesn't matter?

I've also heard that Shimano cable cutters are pretty good. Any opinions/alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

- Edit: Now I've decided to upgrade to Veloce shifters, but the questions still stand...

Comments

• You see, I think I've found a set http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262128575104 and reckon it must be compatible as it is Ergopower. Anyone know if all Ergopower use the same outer casing diameter and end 'bead'?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Is there any reason why the Campag cable set won't work - especially as it's on offer at Merlin?

Park Tools snips for me - had for years, work perfectly but can't see why Shimano ones won't be as good.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Is there any reason why the Campag cable set won't work - especially as it's on offer at Merlin?

Park Tools snips for me - had for years, work perfectly but can't see why Shimano ones won't be as good.

I'm just not sure because there are a few Campy sets available, and I find the Ultrashift/Ergopower/Powershift nomenclature a bit confusing.

Will have a look on Merlin though and check out the Park Tools snips, thanks.
  • Ok, I've moved the goalposts now, just bought some great condition Veloce Ergo shifters. I assume the same cable set that I've got my eye on will be compatible? Does anyone have experience with this?
  • The Park Tools cutters are £21.29 even on eBay. Yikes, I didn't know they were so expensive!

Found the Draper Expert 57768 for £9.85, which I hear come well recommended, so I've ordered those. Will let people know how they work out, for anyone who's interested.