MTB guide 2016

Fabster75
Fabster75 Posts: 6
edited February 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys!

I made a bike guide with some of the most recognized MTB brands and models out there, it's basically a visual guide to help anyone who wants to buy and does not know where to begin looking.

Here it is...

http://l1.picsurge.com/0QFkMZ/MTB%20brands%20and%20models%202016.jpg

Hope it helps!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A guide which gives no comparisons to give any idea of value for money, specs, geometry, price or anything useful.
  • codfather
    codfather Posts: 359
    If it's for people who don't know where to begin looking and as such are new to the sport, why does it not include the sort of bikes these people actually buy? Yet it has Ellsworth...
    Lack of UK brands seems slightly unkind. It's also a rather subjective and broad categorisation system. Freeride≠downhill and putting bikes like the Intense Uzzi and Voltage FR (for FreeRide) in the same category as DH race bikes is misleading. If you're including them, why omit the Status? Canyon do make a DH bike, the Torque and on.....and on....
    Seems a bit narrow minded not to make an equivalent for women specific bikes as well.
    Current fleet
    2015 Transition Scout
    2012 Nukeproof Scalp
    2016 Genesis Latitude
    2012 Transition Double
    2012 Transition Trail or Park

2006 Trek SL1000
    2017 Fly Proton
    ???? Create Polo Bike
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    No budget brands at all which is what a beginner is most likely to want.
    Where's Boardman, Carrera,Voodoo, Nukeproof, Rockrider, Vitas etc?
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Good intentions but more info needed. Also missing two of the best budget bikes in the hardtail and FS categories in the Claibre two.two and Bossnut.
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • Hello again!

Sorry I didn't repplied to your comments before, I didn't visited the forum for a couple of weeks. Wow! thanks for your criticism, it seems you are very passionate about the sport and take this very seriuosly. I'll try to answer to all.-

Ok, so you are entirely correct... This isn't a guide, nor it gives you any buying advice, it is simply a list with pictures, sorry I used the word "Guide". It is hard to include prices, geometry, etc., as bikes can have different components and parts within the same model. But well, there's got to be someone out there who thinks seeing all these bikes together is kind of cool, isn't it?

It is true, XC is not the same as Trail, nor Downhill is the same as Freeride, All mountain is kind of similar as Enduro, but not entirely the same. But if you see the size of the file, you'll notice it's kind of big, I tried to save some space by putting 2 different categories in the same column. I forgot to put Freeride next to de DH colum.. sorry again, I'll fix that. I do believe is the right order though, starting with XC, then Trail, AM, Enduro and DH, in which the suspension grows larger, the head angle gets slacker and the overall weight of the bike gets heavier.

I will include de Canyion Torque DHX.. thanks for that!

In regard to the comment about not including UK brands, maybe you can help me out here. Which are the best known UK mtb brands in your oppinion?

Thanks again for your comments!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A spellcheck perhaps?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    The best known UK brand and loved by all is Orange!!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • FishFish wrote:
    The best known UK brand and loved by all is Orange!!

well loved by all is very subjective.. completely marmite is a more accurate description!
  • Fairly sure you missed the joke there waylander
  • Its not the crudcatcher..there can be no joke...