Degenkolb out of the classics

Ashbeck
Ashbeck Posts: 235
edited January 2016 in Pro race
As the title says, out for 3 months, hit by a British woman in a car whilst training abroad. :cry:

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    "I wonder if the driver was a French man would the nationality and gender be commented on." said Irishman,41
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I've somehow missed this news. He's not a particularly exciting rider but he changes the dynamic of the race for the better. Disaster for him personally as well. Hopefully a speedy recovery.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Possibly nationality is relevant given the driver was on the wrong side of the road, I.e the opposite to that in the UK.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    "I wonder if the driver was a French man would the nationality and gender be commented on." said Irishman,41

It was a woman driving and she was British , are you suggesting that should be kept secret ? If so, perhaps you can explain to us why that should be ? Are you trying to make the culprit into a victim in some contrived way here ?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Easy, tigers. It was reported that the driver was a British woman in her 70's, in a right hand drive car, who splits her time between Spain and UK; which is relevant in that she was on the wrong side of the road, going someway to possibly explaining how the accident happened.

I do have some sympathy for her, mind.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Oh man, this is terrible news.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Have you all been living in a cave for the last week?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Joelsim wrote:
    Have you all been living in a cave for the last week?
    It's all most people can afford in London these days.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Oh man, this is terrible news.

It's not all over.....................

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/degenko ... n-manager/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Yeah it is.

I've been a Boonen fan long enough to know if you're not full tilt training by end of Jan you won't be at the level required.

No chance he'll be anything for MSR.
  • Yeah it is.

I've been a Boonen fan long enough to know if you're not full tilt training by end of Jan you won't be at the level required.

Correct. Top guys are doing big miles in good weather now
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Blood Poisoning are Boonen is the best he can hope for
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    JD isn't going to perform, word has it that Waeytens is going to be the leader which I'm very interested to see. After many ops a couple of years ago, he now has the chance to make a name for himself.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Yeah it is.

He'll be fresh...
    Half man, Half bike