What Does Riding A Bike Mean To You?

pblakeney
pblakeney Posts: 25,747
edited January 2016 in The cake stop
Apparently more important than a disappearing thread. :lol:
Getting my leg over and going forth.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.
Veronese68 wrote:
PB is the most sensible person on here.

Comments

• pblakeney
    I guess that the OP was quite correct in his decision to delete the OP. :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    As a sufferer of recurring bouts of depression, the world can often seem a very frightening, bewildering out of control place.
    Until that is I get on a bike. And then all of a sudden I'm in complete control. I can go wherever I like for as long as I want, as fast or as slow as I feel like going. Out there in the elements, taking whatever nature decides to throw at me, and often laughing out loud as I'm blown sideways or caught in a downpour. The feeling of moving somewhere under my own power, of self determination, self sufficiency, of challenge and achievement is something life affirming, almost spiritual.
    And if I try to convey that to a non cyclist, they think I'm properly bonkers...
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    keef66 wrote:
    As a sufferer of recurring bouts of depression, the world can often seem a very frightening, bewildering out of control place.
    Until that is I get on a bike. And then all of a sudden I'm in complete control. I can go wherever I like for as long as I want, as fast or as slow as I feel like going. Out there in the elements, taking whatever nature decides to throw at me, and often laughing out loud as I'm blown sideways or caught in a downpour. The feeling of moving somewhere under my own power, of self determination, self sufficiency, of challenge and achievement is something life affirming, almost spiritual.
    And if I try to convey that to a non cyclist, they think I'm properly bonkers...

good on yer!!, I know the laugh out loud in those circumstances well!, for me it's the endorphin hit that's top of the list
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • keef66 wrote:

You can get all of that from walking. :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
  • pblakeney
    orraloon wrote:
    One of my cycling friends missed that same experience by inches coming down to Port Pollensa from the lighthouse. :shock:
    Edit:- Isn't that the cyclists fault? 45 kph in a 35 kph zone? Bloody cyclists! :twisted:
    Veronese68 wrote: