Velocity Aerohead Tubeless

Escher303
Escher303 Posts: 342
edited January 2016 in Road general
Anyone use a Velocity Aerohead rim tubeless? Is there any reason I shouldn't?

I'm skint and my rims are wearing out (24-28 Archetypes) shod with 25mm Schwalbe ones. I've got an Archetype and a Velocity Aerohead 32H rim and 32H hubs sat in the shed that I could build up to see the winter out without having to spend any money. But I'd want to put the tubeless tyres on if possible, put the Aerohead on the front and the Archetype at the rear. If not I may have to scrape some pennies together for another Archetype rim but if I can avoid it that would be better. Cheers

Comments

• You'd have to change the spokes anyway, as the ERD of Archetype and Aerohead are wildly different. I think Aerohead might go tubeless with a 19 mm tape (21 will be too wide), but not sure how good a seal you will get
    left the forum March 2023
  • Escher303
    Escher303 Posts: 342
    Yeah of course, I wasn't going to dismantle the others just save them until the roads are less cruddy. They still have some life but will go quick if I carry on these nexf couple of months . Been building quite a few wheels of late so have plenty of spokes. Don't have any 19mm tape though. Cheers for the answer.