Last day before my holiday day

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
At the end of a shite week I am sat doing very little. Wife is stressing over packing for our hols. Car is still at the garage, hopefully to be collected today, otherwise the airport is a long walk. Cat has been the vets 3 times this week. including once out of hours ('kin hell!) but seems fine now.
So tomorrow I am leaving you for 10 days. Parting is such sweet sorrow, and all that.

Comments

• Where to Bally? I too am off to sunnier (well not really as there is a few metres of snow) clines on Saturday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Coconut airways still operationing!?

Send us all a postcard from Skeggy mate.

Today, i'll be mowstly cutting hedges and will be hoping that the weather forecasters are correct in their predictions and it starts raining at 2pm so that it will curtail the trudgery (temporarily).

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning all

Just been for a run with The Hound, about to have coffee, get on with stuff over the day, weights session later.

And that's all from me.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    You Jamy git.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:

Today, i'll be mowstly cutting hedges and will be hoping that the weather forecasters are correct in their predictions and it starts raining at 2pm so that it will curtail the trudgery (temporarily).

Laters.
    What are you using to cut the hedges?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    You Jamy git.

:D:D
  • Nice, I went quite a few years ago for work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    cold ride this morning, windy later, pfft wish I was going on holiday, maybe the sister would like a visitor?!

Might actually get round to listing some bits and pieces in the classifieds today, Bottom Bracket discounts maybe available!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    coffee had, multiple times, stabbed some chicken with a knife and ate that between meetings.

Must say I look dapper today. Trying to find a reason to buy Red22 groupset for the Toy and replace the Ultegra
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    Flâneur wrote:
    coffee had, multiple times, stabbed some chicken with a knife and ate that between meetings.

Must say I look dapper today. Trying to find a reason to buy Red22 groupset for the Toy and replace the Ultegra
    Flan, serious question. Can you get a decent slim fit tailored suit in London for £600
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

No reason needed other than its miles better than Ultegra.

Sell Ultegra to then part fund Obermayers to match new Red.

Job jobbed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Flan, serious question. Can you get a decent slim fit tailored suit in London for £600

Definitely, go cheaper and take it to a tailor for a start. A good tailor can make an off the rail suit look impeccable. Just go with a fabric that doesn't shine or wear terribly quickly. Full bespoke, fairly sure you could find one, but that would be via a tailor/seamstress.

Alternatively head off to the Far East

Also the sales in places like Gieves and Hawkes can come in at that price unless you are after something fancy. Avoid Anderson and Sheppard though, you'll spend far more than you should.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur wrote:

No reason needed other than its miles better than Ultegra.

Sell Ultegra to then part fund Obermayers to match new Red.

Job jobbed.

Like it, a man who gives reason for the purchase.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ballysmate wrote:

Nice one, going to sort out your tax affairs whilst your there ? :lol:
  • seanoconn
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Definitely, go cheaper and take it to a tailor for a start. A good tailor can make an off the rail suit look impeccable. Just go with a
    fabric that doesn't shine or wear terribly quickly. Full bespoke, fairly sure you could find one, but that would be via a tailor/seamstress.

Also the sales in places like Gieves and
    Hawkes can come in at that price unless you are after something fancy. Avoid Anderson and Sheppard though, you'll spend far more than you should.
    Thanks for the advice. I've tried a few Hugo boss suits but they don't seem to fit as they should. I was thinking of Raja fashions, a Hong Kong tailor but the reviews put me off.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon all,
    I thought I'd posted on here, but it would appear not. Last day of working from home for this week, in the office tomorrow which means i get to go to the cafe. Just been out for a little walk with the girl, it's a bit chilly out, but nice and sunny. Well I liked it anyway, she finds bright sunshine uncomfortable at the moment. How do you get a teenage girl with a persistent headache that has gone on for months to be more positive?
    Had some nice cake earlier that had been made by the Mrs, unfortunately there wasn't enough of it. There never is enough cake.
    Onwards and upwards...

Oh yeah, enjoy your holiday Bally. Have fun.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Extended Stihl petrol hedge strimmer. Proper man tool.

http://lightweight.info/gb/en/meilenste ... mayer-gold Hmm... inetresting. Why not sell the Shimano and buy some decent Campag bits instead?
  • seanoconn
    edited January 2016
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Chapeau impressive. I have a Stihl long jobby but it too heavy and awkward to use.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Definitely, go cheaper and take it to a tailor for a start. A good tailor can make an off the rail suit look impeccable. Just go with a
    fabric that doesn't shine or wear terribly quickly. Full bespoke, fairly sure you could find one, but that would be via a tailor/seamstress.

Also the sales in places like Gieves and
    Hawkes can come in at that price unless you are after something fancy. Avoid Anderson and Sheppard though, you'll spend far more than you should.
    Thanks for the advice. I've tried a few Hugo boss suits but they don't seem to fit as they should. I was thinking of Raja fashions, a Hong Kong tailor but the reviews put me off.

Try Austin Reid's "Red" label - I have one of theirs: specific slim cut: fits really nice, well made and you can buy jackets/trousers separately if you need to.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Seano, try this place. I get mine made by this lot with an extra pair of trousers for about that:
    http://www.asuitthatfits.com

Bally, have a great time. I went there in 2007 and had a great time apart from bumping into Tony Blair!

Now headed out for pre birthday beers. The first of a few :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Chapeau impressive. I have a Stihl long jobby but it too heavy and awkward to use.

Then you definitely need Porage for breakfast

I think this is the way forward:

24079d1258470892-new-long-reach-hedge-cutter-awaiting-ce-approvel-hedge-cutter.jpg
  • seanoconn
    Thanks for the suit tips gents.