Fox Launch (vs. Sixsixone Rage)

kickaxe
kickaxe Posts: 446
edited January 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey I'm looking for a pair of kneepads, and would like to keep the price under 45€ (35£). I have seen a pair of SixSixOne Rage kneepads which seem like a good value, but have also seen some Fox Launch models. My main question is: what's the difference between the launch enduro and launch pro? The pro model is definitely cheaper and would fit my budget, the enduro is a bit much...
I mostly don't need lots of protection, I normally just do trail riding. I need the pads to be comfortable while pedaling, as I do that a lot.

Thanks in advance, Luca
-Cube Acid 29" 2013
-A new Giant Trance 3 2015!

Comments

• kickaxe
    POAH wrote:
    get yourself some trail skins

They look good as well...

I suppose you have a pair? How much protection do they offer? How is the fastening system?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • Kickaxe wrote:
    My main question is: what's the difference between the launch enduro and launch pro? The pro model is definitely cheaper and would fit my budget, the enduro is a bit much...
    I mostly don't need lots of protection, I normally just do trail riding. I need the pads to be comfortable while pedaling, as I do that a lot.

Thanks in advance, Luca

The Pros have a hard plastic cup over the knee, the enduros are just foam padding. So more protection with the Pros but possible more flexibility and comfort with the Enduros.

That said I have the Pros. So long as you get the sizing right they are excellent and have had no issues with comfort. Might get hot knees on the hottest days but otherwise once you are used to them almost forget about them.

I wear them as I'm wrong side of 40 and can't afford time out with bust knees rather than being a hardcore rider! More confident in the Pros ability to with stand bigger knocks than the Enduro which look quite flimsy.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Run the rage pads and love them.. Good protection & comfort!
  • kickaxe
    Because I cant find any Sixsixone's in S anywhere, I guess I will go with the Dainese Trail Skins, as I have only heard good stuff about them. Thanks!
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • Kickaxe wrote:
    Because I cant find any Sixsixone's in S anywhere, I guess I will go with the Dainese Trail Skins, as I have only heard good stuff about them. Thanks!

No go on the Fox's?
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw
  • kickaxe
    Kickaxe wrote:

No go on the Fox's?

Also couldnt find any smalls at all :/ (exept for insane prices trying to rip you off)
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I had 661 Rage knee pads and hated them. Really uncomfortable. Now using much better Nukeproof knee pads.
  • kickaxe
    I had 661 Rage knee pads and hated them. Really uncomfortable. Now using much better Nukeproof knee pads.

What Are they called exactly?
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Kickaxe wrote:

What Are they called exactly?

Critical enduro
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    thos nukeproof pads don't have straps or give you any side protection unlike the trail skins.
  • kickaxe
    POAH wrote:
    thos nukeproof pads don't have straps or give you any side protection unlike the trail skins.

I must agree with poah, and the reviews on crc are way better for the Trail Skins tbh
    -Cube Acid 29" 2013