peakpedaller
peakpedaller Posts: 55
edited January 2016 in Your pics and vids
Here's some footage and pics from a beautiful January morning ride:

https://gorillainthepeak.wordpress.com/ ... rare-epic/

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Nice, I do a loop round there that is 23 miles and 3500ft of climbing, starting and finishing in Castleton. I also do the descent from hollins cross down to edale.

How do I get to Jacobs ladder from mam tor-hollins cross?
  • I did Jacob's as an out and back. Whichever descent you do from Hollins follow the lane the end of the bridleway until you come to the 'main' road. Turn left and ride until you come to a right turn for Barber Booth. Turn right and follow until it becomes the Jacob's Ladder bridleway then climb to the top. Most likely this will involve some walking, it's pretty steep but worth it for the down. Alternatively you can do the classic Rushup-Roych-Jacob's route.
  • Rigga
    Ah I see, when we go down from hollins cross to the main road in edale we always turn right and go along the main road for a couple of miles to a turn off on the left hand side which takes us to jaggers clough and over towards snake pass and ladybower. We are going tomorrow so I I'll have a look thanks.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Alternatively you can do the classic Rushup-Roych-Jacob's route.

Do this, its more fun and more rideable rather than pushing up then back down again.
  • Rigga
    Briggo wrote:
    Alternatively you can do the classic Rushup-Roych-Jacob's route.

Do this, its more fun and more rideable rather than pushing up then back down again.

Is the rushup-roych turn off just before the mam tor Road climb on the right hand side? Think we saw the sign.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    From Hollins cross follow the path towards Mam Tor. After the 2nd gate the path splits,keep right.This eventually flanks Mam Tor on a nice little track and reaches the road at the top of the climb form Edale(Layby/bus stop)turn left and climb slightly.just around a bend as the roads starts to drop there's a path to the right signed Rushop edge.Follow this until it reaches the track to Rushup edge then Roych Clough,South Head/Mount Famine and eventually drop into Coldwell Clough.You then turn right and follow the climb up Oaken Clough to the top of Jacobs Ladder.