pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
...but it has stopped raining!

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• So it has.

Shopping at lunch for some lunch and some bits and bobs for skiing next week.

Percentage chance of cycling this week is hovering around zero.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    Rain just stopped. A morning on the turbo trying be able to buy tops based on chest size rather than waist size.
    Exercise makes me hungry though so it is a battle. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • A full morning? That must be dull.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    afternoon all.

ride in this morning was pretty unpleasant, wet and very very windy! looks like it'll be better this evening though.

I was just walking through the office and someone was holding a door open for me, i was a little way off so quickened to a jog as is polite to do. what i didn't know was someone was approaching from the other side and was doing the same. So we ran straight into each other! the person holding the door must have seen what was about to happen and said nothing, i actually quite like them for that!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Are we having fun? Working from home again today. Took the girl in to school for a little while today, headache is now worse. Have to keep trying to do little bits, tomorrow will be a short walk. Might try to get out on the bike afterwards, even if only for half an hour. Being Wednesday I will of course be gonig to the pub later, I could use a beer.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Just back from the solicitors after signing for the money pit :)

Working from home and trying not to eat the kids chocolates

Later is over to a mates whilst he builds another mates bike - I'm being very supportive as I need help moving
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    How are the kids chocolates?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    A full morning? That must be dull.
    Not a full morning on the turbo.
    Leisurely brekkie, set up, 1 1/2 hours turbo/film, put away, snack, shower & shave, lunch. A full morning.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Flâneur wrote:
    How are the kids chocolates?

I'm stronger willed/the current wife is working in the kitchen
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Started raining about 2 hours before leaving work, now hissing down. Oh well.

On a brighter note, rear mech,saddle, wheels all attached to new TT frame. It looks tiny but should be the right size, so will bring N1 bike into work to compare.

Pick up bambini, flirt with MILFS, go home and drink coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Afternoon all. Looking forward to a wet and windy cycle home. Had an altercation with a driver this morning who tried to appease me by telling me he too was a cyclist. "I hope you f**king cycle better than you drive." was all I could think of at the time. Looked like a cyclist too, knob head.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    seanoconn wrote:
    Afternoon all. Looking forward to a wet and windy cycle home. Had an altercation with a driver this morning who tried to appease me by telling me he too was a cyclist. "I hope you f**king cycle better than you drive." was all I could think of at the time. Looked like a cyclist too, knob head.
    Aah, I should warn you to look out for a black Mini with a white roof driven by a very long, slightly spotty yoof. If you see it coming just fall off onto the pavement, it might be safer. He has driven from Kingston to school in New Malden then Worcester Park so you may cross paths. He has rugby traing after school so will be on the road in rush hour. Only fair to warn you. Mercifully he will be on the bus most of the time, I hope.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Aah, I should warn you to look out for a black Mini with a white roof driven by a very long, slightly spotty yoof. If you see it coming just fall off onto the pavement, it might be safer. He has driven from Kingston to school in New Malden then Worcester Park so you may cross
    paths. He has rugby traing after school so will be on the road in rush hour. Only fair to war
    n you. Mercifully he will be on the bus most
    of the time, I hope.
    Thanks for the heads up. I've got my work cut out getting home in one piece, rain, wind and dangerous Goliaths in minis.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Afternoon curry is just about to be devoured - chicken jalfrezi. I am sooooo hungry.

My new FSA SLK Light chain set from Planet X has just turned up - £300 discount and it's utterly gorgeous. I may eat curry and lick it for a while, being careful to wipe curry off beautifully crafted produced in Asia branded in Italy carbon.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    wind and rain seem to have departed which means it must be time for me to go home!

see y'all
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    No rain, no wind, but 96% humidity, like living in a sponge :D

Went to visit a relly today, picked up one of his old mates on the way round, have you ever tried to have a conversation with one person with short term memory loss and one with Parkinson's? One couldn't remember the words and the other couldn't remember the subject, evil I know but I have to say it was a highly entertaining afternoon, oh how we all did laugh about the thingy in the wossname! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    No rain, no wind, but 96% humidity, like living in a sponge :D

Went to visit a relly today, picked up one of his old mates on the way round, have you ever tried to have a conversation with one person with short term memory loss and one with Parkinson's? One couldn't remember the words and the other couldn't remember the subject, evil I know but I have to say it was a highly entertaining afternoon, oh how we all did laugh about the thingy in the wossname! :D

Bring them along to the bread and coffee party.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,159
    Evening loafers,

Long day on the corporate hamster wheel but its the first of my extended birthday celebrations tomorrow. And the vodka tastes good.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Cold this evening. Jus saying
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Cold this evening. Jus saying

Yep.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Collected my bike from the LBS and was offered a good deal on a 2015 Tarmac although the satin matte frame may pour cold water on my aroused state which would be the sensible outcome.

Work was bland but lucrative, dinner was my favourite, grilled sea bass and if only my wife would buy a frying pan I could have fried zucchini with the sea bass. Of course a frying pan would produce proper deep fried chips.....mmmmmm proper chips, buttered white bread and a dollop of red sauce mmmm . Oven chips just don't do it.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    I do like the idea of a Spesh Tarmac. Although it may upset the Exotica* Italian collection. I could furnish it in Campag to put some soul into it. Buy the thing, don't worry about the colour. Don't wash the thing and the colour is irrelevant when it has that P-R look.

*Copyright Stevo 2014, not my description.
  • Flâneur
    Just saying, love my Tarmac, and my mate who has a HM super6, likes it more than his own bike.

Bonus my colour scheme isn't satin matte
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:
    Collected my bike from the LBS and was offered a good deal on a 2015 Tarmac although the satin matte frame may pour cold water on my aroused state which would be the sensible outcome.

Work was bland but lucrative, dinner was my favourite, grilled sea bass and if only my wife would buy a frying pan I could have fried zucchini with the sea bass. Of course a frying pan would produce proper deep fried chips.....mmmmmm proper chips, buttered white bread and a dollop of red sauce mmmm . Oven chips just don't do it.

Don't be a cheapskate! She must have a birthday or anniversary coming up. You could buy her one then.
  • Matthewfalle
    Or just borrow one from a friend/neighbour, wrap it up, give it to her as an impromptu gift ("here you go darling, I saw this and just thought how much I loved you, so I bought you a gift").

When friend asks for it back just say that the Mrs has it and she'll return it.

Chips a go-go. Pennies saved for new SRAM Red. Mrs happy with gift. Nork/saucepan piccies for us lot.

Jobs a fish.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

Don't be a cheapskate! She must have a birthday or anniversary coming up. You could buy her one then.

mmmm, " hi babe, look what I've bought you"....appreciate if I put a diamond neckless inside I might mitigate the issue.....

Are you single Bally? :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slowmart wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:

mmmm, " hi babe, look what I've bought you"....appreciate if I put a diamond neckless inside I might mitigate the issue.....

Are you single Bally? :wink:

If only... :roll:

:lol::lol: