Fuji Sportif with 32mm cross tyres

ovi
ovi Posts: 396
edited January 2016 in Your road bikes
PJWa5kt.jpg
JY2cVUU.jpg
Just got this with the Intention of using it mainly for old railway line blasting and a bit of winter road riding. It came with 28mm tyres which I changed for some 32mm cross tyres which leaves plenty of clearance. It has 105 11 speed gearing with avid bb7 brakes. I have changed the bars and stem for some Deda M35 which I already had. The best bit is it came fitted with a bell 8) which I'm going to leave on as prefer to use this when approaching dog walkers.

The cables all need tidying up and the steerer needs reeducing but that's a job for another day.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Very cool and looks like it will be good fun as well - good work that man
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looks fun! You must be a tall man!
  • ovi
    yeah I'm 6'4"
  • What tyres did you fit? I'm looking to do a similar mix of winter road and easy off-road as you and would welcome any advice on tyre choice.
  • ovi
    they are vittoria randonneur cross pro but I dont think they are available anymore. this maybe worth consideringhttp://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-tourride-city-road-tyre/
  • Thanks for that ovi, I'll add the Conti to my list of possibles. Looks a bit on the heavy side though - I suppose the protection belt contributes to this.
  • ovi
    Cneifion wrote:
    Thanks for that ovi, I'll add the Conti to my list of possibles. Looks a bit on the heavy side though - I suppose the protection belt contributes to this.

I don't really worry about the weight to much as there's nothing worse than changing a tube when its wet and freezing with mud everywhere. Its a tiny bit of a better workout too.
  • ovi
    Just to add that I have done my first ride on this bike and the only thing I would change is either the Inner ring to a bigger one or swap the cassette to a 11-28. I could lock the wheels up with bb7 brakes no bother and the shimano 5800 works great.