No Fun or Fry Fryday

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,195
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Bah. Must go. Van to service.

They said it would be clear by 9am and it's pi$$ing down.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Well you've ballsed up Bally's clean sweep of dailys, totally uncalled for IMHO.

Miserable day, although 8 degrees warmer it feels colder. Work meh but a lazy weekend is almost here.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    More of an even keel today, bacon sandwiches purchased and currently being consumed

Looking forward to putting some serious miles in over the weekend
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Today I shall work as little as possible.
    Debating to road or mtb on Sunday.

Is it acceptable to decide a brew has brewed long enough by ensuring the tea bag has sunk and is firmly attached itself to the bottom?

Off North tonight to play van man and pack up the dates house so she can rent it out next week.

Not much else to report.

V68 how the consultation go?
    Did Stevo do Mascherano's tax?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Flâneur wrote:
    He'd never have got caught if it was me :)

Good 'team' night out last night involving free food and plonk and some interesting personal stories. I even managed to get up this morning and pedal into work.

I think the hound woke the neighbours up last night as when I took him out for a last leak he went mental, barking his head off. Turns out there were a couple of foxes in next doors garden but by time I worked that out by peering over the fence I'd already made myself unpopular. In the end I just chucked a stone at them to get them too clear off so Muttley could do his business. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    He'd never have got caught if it was me :)

Good 'team' night out last night involving free food and plonk and some interesting personal stories. I even managed to get up this morning and pedal into work.

I think the hound woke the neighbours up last night as when I took him out for a last leak he went mental, barking his head off. Turns out there were a couple of foxes in next doors garden but by time I worked that out by peering over the fence I'd already made myself unpopular. In the end I just chucked a stone at them to get them too clear off so Muttley could do his business. Ho hum.

You were perving over the fence at a couple of 'foxes'? :)

Having the joys of working from home - very productive, so that's a win.

Kids chocolate cupboard raided - another win

Pub later - another win

Today is good
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Started the microwave off this morning to do my porridge (read it and weep purists) and went about making my lunch until I noticed a strange burning smell. Then noticed my porridge bowl was still on the sideboard and in my tired state I'd been mistakenly running the microwave empty for nearly 2mins. Will test it tonight to see if I've knackered it :?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Started the microwave off this morning to do my porridge (read it and weep purists) and went about making my lunch until I noticed a strange burning smell. Then noticed my porridge bowl was still on the sideboard and in my tired state I'd been mistakenly running the microwave empty for nearly 2mins. Will test it tonight to see if I've knackered it :?
    I've buggered two microwaves doing the same so good luck!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon all,
    Been a busy day as I'm in the office so sorting out all sorts of stuff from the rest of the week.
    Consultation with consultant last night was pretty much as expected. They can't find anything wrong with her, all tests are clear. She is normally happy, under no pressure and apart from her dad being a loon has no worries. They think whatever initially caused the headache, probably a viral infection, has now gone but she is just stuck in the loop of believing she has a headache causing the headache. So we were left waiting for a referral to some acronym or other that deals with educational welfare, child psychology and such like. Basically they can't turn her off and on again so are attempting to reprogramme her. We were told referrals are taking 10-12 weeks but they would push for an urgent appointment. Just had a phone call to say we have an appointment at 9am on Monday. It will probably take a while but at least something positive is happening. It's all been rather stressful to say the least.
    Got to pack up tonight for my weekend of high sixing people in Norfolk. Have a good one folks.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    glad things are moving along for you and her.

When I was younger I did a similar thing but with feeling sick, I spent a number of years feeling sick just because i was worried about being sick, a bit like when you are somewhere you can't go to the toilet instantly makes you need the toilet.
    Psychologist might be the a good shout.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • veronese68
    Thanks Chris, I think it will help. I've often suspected she's not very good at being ill. Gives in to things too easily as though she were a bloke.
    On another note entirely has anyone noticed how avatars are affecting the word "contact"? could be something to do with my screen size, but next to Stevo's avatar the word "cont" is spelt out vertically. I thought something else had been misspelt. :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon all,
    Been a busy day as I'm in the office so sorting out all sorts of stuff from the rest of the week.
    Consultation with consultant last night was pretty much as expected. They can't find anything wrong with her, all tests are clear. She is normally happy, under no pressure and apart from her dad being a loon has no worries. They think whatever initially caused the headache, probably a viral infection, has now gone but she is just stuck in the loop of believing she has a headache causing the headache. So we were left waiting for a referral to some acronym or other that deals with educational welfare, child psychology and such like. Basically they can't turn her off and on again so are attempting to reprogramme her. We were told referrals are taking 10-12 weeks but they would push for an urgent appointment. Just had a phone call to say we have an appointment at 9am on Monday. It will probably take a while but at least something positive is happening. It's all been rather stressful to say the least.
    Got to pack up tonight for my weekend of high sixing people in Norfolk. Have a good one folks.

:) glad its moving forward
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Off North tonight to play van man and pack up the dates house so she can rent it out next week.

Sounds like she suckered you into moving in.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Sounds like she suckered you into moving in.

So how long before she suggests the bikes move out?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks Chris, I think it will help. I've often suspected she's not very good at being ill. Gives in to things too easily as though she were a bloke.
    On another note entirely has anyone noticed how avatars are affecting the word "contact"? could be something to do with my screen size, but next to Stevo's avatar the word "cont" is spelt out vertically. I thought something else had been misspelt. :mrgreen:
    I saw that as well and wondered if it was a mod practical joke :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Absolutely. It was at this point I reminded myself that the difference between a dog and a fox is about 8 pints :D
  • Awright Friday evening peeps.
    Checking in for a bit, the new upgrade means I can't check in at work. My boss will be impressed with the increase in productivity :P
    Glad things are moving forward a bit V68. I have had viral infections before and they fuck with your body and mind in ways us mortals cannot believe.
    Bought new amplifier this PM, so now annoying the neighbours and drinking beer.
    Might even ride a bike tomorrow!
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I saw that as well and wondered if it was a mod practical joke :)
    I shouldn't have mentioned it, now corrected. :(
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Absolutely. It was at this point I reminded myself that the difference between a dog and a fox is about 8 pints :D
    Could be lots of foxes in Norwich tomorrow night then. :?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Bit of a crap day, not even had chance to log in here til now.
    All you mechanically minded folks may be able to help with my missus' non starting Peugeot 207.
    Turned over, sounded as if it was going to start... then didn't and still hasn't. Occasional splutter, then nowt.
    Homestart man summoned and after much examination and testing, sort of thought it could be the immobiliser.
    Looking on t'internet and people suggest valve timing issues or the temp sensor.
    All Greek to me.
    But I know it will be a cold day in hell before the car sees the inside of a main dealer.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Bit of a crap day, not even had chance to log in here til now.
    All you mechanically minded folks may be able to help with my missus' non starting Peugeot 207.
    Turned over, sounded as if it was going to start... then didn't and still hasn't. Occasional splutter, then nowt.
    Homestart man summoned and after much examination and testing, sort of thought it could be the immobiliser.
    Looking on t'internet and people suggest valve timing issues or the temp sensor.
    All Greek to me.
    But I know it will be a cold day in hell before the car sees the inside of a main dealer.

Diesel or petrol?

The first rule of thumb for a diesel is to run Fuel System cleaner through it every 5000 or so miles. The second rule of thumb is to run Fuel System cleaner through it every 5000 or so miles.
  • pinno
    Check fuse F8 and replace with a 30amp one.

Does it start using jump leads? Make sure the power output of the battery is 12.7 v plus when running.
  • ballysmate
    Petrol and won't start with a jump.
  • pinno
    Is there a spare set of keys?
  • ballysmate
    My hopes soared when I read your post. Rushed out to try spare key, same result. :cry:
    Battery now as flat as a witch's t1t.
  • pinno
    If the power output of the battery is low, it will run (if it runs) like a bag of spanners.
    Have you checked fuse F8?
  • pinno
    You need to get the battery and alternator output looked at.

Common problem is the coolant temperature sensor stopping it start properly. It makes the ECU think there is a major problem and running it will cause damage to the engine, so it goes into 'default mode'. Some of the 1.4 petrol engines are made by BMW.
    If it is the coolant temperature sensor, it could be that the ECU needs a software update. Some outfits can do this but it's usually a dealer only job.

Soz mate.
  • pinno
    diagram2.jpg
  • ballysmate
    Thanks for all the info. No, not checked the fuse, will do that in the light.
    The temp sensor was mentioned on the internet forum I visited and is a candidate. If it isn't the fuse I will have to find an indy garage. Main dealer is the nuclear option.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Thanks for all the info. No, not checked the fuse, will do that in the light.
    The temp sensor was mentioned on the internet forum I visited and is a candidate. If it isn't the fuse I will have to find an indy garage. Main dealer is the nuclear option.

You went to another forum :shock:
  • veronese68
    Charge the battery fully and see if it goes. Don't know much about Peugeots, always avoid French cars, but with Bosch engine management stuff I would say look at the crank or cam sensors.
    Valve timing shouldn't move so I can't see how it would be that, even with black magic. If it's trying to fire it could be temp sensor, the mixture will be wrong as it thinks it's at a different temperature to reality so tries to run and fails. They are probably quite cheap and easy to replace so could be a good starting point if you'll pardon the pun. Remember to top up the coolant after doing so. I'm sure there is a YouTube video showing you how to do it for that engine.