Hi

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The large spacing between thread topics is a little unnecessary as well
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    On iPad, the intrusive adverts now extend beyond the right hand edge of the forum, so there is a column of white space above and below them which the site won't allow resizing to ignore.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    CiB wrote:
    The font is dreadful. Please change the font.
    agreed bloody awful viewing experience, plus was hoping for something different exciting, maybe even a like button, seems just the same with a poor font choice, but as with everything we'll learn to live with it

EDIT: could be down to smaller point size of text, yes i know i could enlarge via browser, but don't want to do that overtime I visit different sites
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Are we going to get the button back that allows you to see the last thread you were involved in? It was the easiest way to see all your threads and who was the last person to reply in it. The 'view your posts' button is not near as good.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    seanoconn wrote:
    Using the forum via iPhone, when viewing a forum it no longer tells you who posted last on a thread and the time of posts. And it is also no longer possible to see how many posts a single page thread has unless you enter the thread. Both were useful.

Private messaging and board preferences have disappeared.

+1 usability on an iPhone has taken a big hit
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Which is rather odd as the whole purpose for the migration was, I believe, to make it a more pleasureable experience to read BR via tablet or phone.

As it is the site view from a desktop is poor, the reduction of choice of forum views is a disaster (as evidenced by all the comments in this thread about the variety of ways we all chose to use the form) and the mobile experience is worse as well.

A+ for intention, C- for application at the moment.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Which is rather odd as the whole purpose for the migration was, I believe, to make it a more pleasureable experience to read BR via tablet or phone.

As it is the site view from a desktop is poor, the reduction of choice of forum views is a disaster (as evidenced by all the comments in this thread about the variety of ways we all chose to use the form) and the mobile experience is worse as well.

I'd be surprised if we're looking at the finished article. I think it's quite likely they'll continue to make changes and customisations over the new few days/weeks until we end up with something better.
  • Graeme_S wrote:

I'd be surprised if we're looking at the finished article. I think it's quite likely they'll continue to make changes and customisations over the new few days/weeks until we end up with something better.

Correct, we are going through the feedback form submissions (https://bikeradarux.typeform.com/to/lWJzsC) and prioritising the fixes and assigning developers to them to get it fixed.

Things so far we have looked at and fixed or fixing:

- Login Button / Logout Button
    - Private Messages Link with number of unread messages
    - Link to "New Posts", to show posts since last visit.
    - Font Size improvements
    - What's Missing on the mobile version
    - Open all links in a new window
    - Repeating the forum title

We decided to open the forum as soon as we could so you could get back in and use it - we are working hard to update it so please keep reporting issues as we will get round to them
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    New Posts is the essential one. I'm sure that it's how a majority of people use forums - checking to see what's happened whilst they've been away.

Getting the "active topics" to draw from all the sub-sections appears to be another - I'm lucky if I get posts from two or three sections (normally the For Sale stuff and The Cake Stop) but I know that posts are being made elsewhere.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Took about five attempts to log in on a Macbook pro via Safari and still get captcha come up.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    I am getting the capcha thing come up every time I try to log in. Even though my username and password are saved.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Graeme_S wrote:

Correct, we are going through the feedback form submissions (https://bikeradarux.typeform.com/to/lWJzsC) and prioritising the fixes and assigning developers to them to get it fixed.

- Font Size improvements

We decided to open the forum as soon as we could so you could get back in and use it - we are working hard to update it so please keep reporting issues as we will get round to them
    At the same time you also re-opened a forum based on sofware that was incomplete which isn't an improvement on the last one :|
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • NeXXus wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

- Font Size improvements

At the same time you also re-opened a forum based on sofware that was incomplete which isn't an improvement on the last one :|

Yes, we decided that list was not a show stopper, last time we shut the forum for 4-5 days to try to get it all "perfect" before launch and still had issues that we were not aware of or missing functions.

So this time we opened when the forum was in a good state and had a list of know issues we could proriritise and fix over the next few weeks.