Stones Day

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning peeps.
Ruby Tuesday which means curry tonight.
Another day meandering through life, as Arran used to say.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh in Solihull today, slow cold run done - now sitting here very hungry

Later is probably work meh
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Shrivelled gherkin day for me, I'm woefully under kitted for this weather, looking forward to + degree on the commute home. Onwards and upwards.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Meh, busy...

Ran out of milk this morning so didn't manage the requisite number of brews before leaving work.

Busy, meh...

Got holiday stuff to arrange, meh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Struggled today. Though I did like the space chat on Radio 2 as I drove in
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Black attire today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    I love IP you wholly own and people need to more licenses.

Today will be a mixture of overly long Skype calls, moulding things back into shape, preparations for tomorrow's dirth of back to back calls.

Question, why do clients pay for advice and then decide to go through the same behaviours and outcomes that led to the wreckage they've woken up in? I suppose if someone hits their head against a wall and complains it's hurting and is informed it's a great idea to stop but continues anyway there's not a lot to be done.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Question, why do clients pay for advice and then decide to go through the same behaviours and outcomes that led to the wreckage they've woken up in? I suppose if someone hits their head against a wall and complains it's hurting and is informed it's a great idea to stop but continues anyway there's not a lot to be done.
    Depends whether they read the bit about telling them to stop banging their heads?

Afternoon folks,

Having fun with exchange rates today as the budget rates we set a few weeks back for next year are 'wrong' because rates have now moved as they always do. Hindsight is a wonderful thing when it comes to forecasts, as I have painstakingly explained to a number of smartarses...

It would have been more fun at home as wifey just called me to say that the hound tried to hump a Doberman puppy that he met in the park. Fortunately it was (a) a puppy and (b) female, so good on Muttley for having a go at such a tender age :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo999 in peado dog shocker...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Depends whether they read the bit about telling them to stop banging their heads?

Afternoon folks,

Having fun with exchange rates today as the budget rates we set a few weeks back for next year are 'wrong' because rates have now moved as they always do. Hindsight is a wonderful thing when it comes to forecasts, as I have painstakingly explained to a number of smartarses...

It would have been more fun at home as wifey just called me to say that the hound tried to hump a Doberman puppy that he met in the park. Fortunately it was (a) a puppy and (b) female, so good on Muttley for having a go at such a tender age :)

Retrospective forecasting always works better than forward guidance. Ask the BoE
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Afternoon folks,

Retrospective forecasting always works better than forward guidance. Ask the BoE
    True, Mark Carney opening his big gob today didn't help matters either. Still its all about internal results measurement rather than real FX exposures so a bit of a storm in a teacup really. We've tortured the numbers until they tell us what we want, so will leave the board to debate what number to choose. So tomorrow will be a corporate game of 'pin the tail on the donkey'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]