Mamas and the Papas day

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Monday, Monday, so good to me.
Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.

White stuff gone from outside and another languid day stretches before me.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    all the leaves are brown and the sky is grey
    i've been for a walk on a winter's day to the gym
    soon head to the office
    sigh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Apparently today is the most depressing day of the year, so Happy Blue Monday everyone. Tired today after staying up too late watching rubbish on TV. Office move on the cards later. Moving about ten yards down the corridor into a broom cupboard which will be cosy. And that's about as exciting as my life gets.
    Might do some browsing for a new amplifier later as mine gave up the ghost on Saturday and Mrs BBGeek has given me the green light to spend a few bob.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Meh, feel crap today after far too much wine. I suppose I should knock it on the head for a few weeks to make me feel better (plus mrs HD wasn't too impressed...)

Today will include purchasing stuff which 99.99% of people would find boring as hell and hopefully a few flights and some ferry tickets.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all, well it was a while ago anyway.
    Working from home again today, will be for most of this week. Don't feel too bad today, the chair I've borrowed is supremely comfortable which is good. My toes are a bit cold which is bad. Not had many cups of tea as yet, this is also bad. Booked a hotel room in Norwich for Saturday night, going to a mate's wedding. I think this will be my second visit to the wilderness of Norfolk. Must remember not to mention inbreeding. Unfortunately I am going up with another friend that introduced me to the term NFN meaning Normal for Norfolk, apparently this is an unofficial medical term.
  • Afternoon all.

Wife works in NHS and when based in Mansfield told me that the abbreviation NFM (normal for Mansfield) was commonly used on medical notes there - and shes from Norfolk !!!! Left as soon as she could mind.

Busy achieiving nothing this morning. Had to return some Rapha bib tights as the stiching wasn't what you'd expect for £200. Going to have to find something else to treat myself too with my birthday/Xmas vouchers.

Time for a tea break.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning peeps. done some work now time to find some adventures for SA and rue my decisions for my friends stag. Hard life
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Some of you ride a bike, some of you may use Instagram and some of you may want new kit for free. If you do check out Rodeo Labs as they are giving away a free kit to someone. I like the stuff, it isn't common, it is a bit loud. But a heads up should you like it

http://www.rodeo-labs.com
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    been a busy day of meeting after meeting but think i'm pretty much done for the day now.

finally sold one of my bikes yesterday, still need to shift some more parts and frames though, running out of space!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Booked a hotel room in Norwich.
    Norwich is also a good acronym, but don't tell the wife.

Afternoon wage slaves and slackers, I'm on the way gone to kid and dog sit while also attempting to work, which will not be easy. I've left the minions to it back at the office so they'd better behave...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Working from home again today, will be for most of this week. Don't feel too bad today, the chair I've borrowed is supremely comfortable which is good. My toes are a bit cold which is bad. Not had many cups of tea as yet, this is also bad. Booked a hotel room in Norwich for Saturday night, going to a mate's wedding. I think this will be my second visit to the wilderness of Norfolk. Must remember not to mention inbreeding. Unfortunately I am going up with another friend that introduced me to the term NFN meaning Normal for Norfolk, apparently this is an unofficial medical term.

No, mention it as much as possible, I insist. It's definitely a joke we hardly ever hear and you'll really stand out in saying it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167

No, mention it as much as possible, I insist. It's definitely a joke we hardly ever hear and you'll really stand out in saying it.
    Well I think it's callous and rude to mention stereotypical things like that. When I visit I just give the locals a high six.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    The funny thing is about inbred jokes is that they always get passed along. Those outside Norfolk refer to people in the county as inbred and yet us folk in the Norwich area make inbred jokes about those who live out in the sticks of the area, particularly the fens.

I remember playing a county cup match out in the arse end of nowhere, near Kings Lynn I think, and someone asked the ref how long was left. He raised his hand with all five fingers up and said 'six minutes lads'. He then probably wondered why most of us burst out laughing looking at each other, not knowing a lot of pre-match talk had been centered on playing in six-fingered territory.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Might do some browsing for a new amplifier later as mine gave up the ghost on Saturday and Mrs BBGeek has given me the green light to spend a few bob.

One word: Rotel. No fancy flashing lights and pazzaz, just perfect.

Don;t want a pair of Wharfedale Diamond speakers if you've got the green light, do you?

Great reviews:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/wharfedale/diamond-9.0/whar-9.0-blk

Back OT:

Did work. Bother. Funeral tomorrow followed by more work Double bother, Bother.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The funny thing is about inbred jokes is that they always get passed along. Those outside Norfolk refer to people in the county as inbred and yet us folk in the Norwich area make inbred jokes about those who live out in the sticks of the area, particularly the fens.

I remember playing a county cup match out in the ars* end of nowhere, near Kings Lynn I think, and someone asked the ref how long was left. He raised his hand with all five fingers up and said 'six minutes lads'. He then probably wondered why most of us burst out laughing looking at each other, not knowing a lot of pre-match talk had been centered on playing in six-fingered territory.

Went from Cindeford to a gig my friend was playing in once, with a friend. Got to the Rugby club and went in the wrong door. Without opening our mouths, a woman spoke to us and said "Oooh, yew must be John's friend in the band" !!
    Went next door. Same thing happened, neither of us had uttered a word. Didn't pay because John had kindly paid for our entry.
    At 'half time' the band leader came up to us and we were introduced. "So yew got 'ere alryght?". I replied "Yes but we did get stuck in a cul-de-sac and it took us a while to turn the 'Orse an cart around". Tumbleweed time.
    They certainly didn't have the Naarwich sense of humour.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Busy work day, but slipped off at five as I had promised to be back for dinner with the kids, slightly mucked up as I forgot I was meeting some pals for a run at eight. Que running not long after dinner and getting stitch