Commodores' Morning

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Easy, as the song says. White outside, warm inside.
Bacon to be eaten and a whole day to relax. Not much change there then...

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Easy morning here too, kids are playing in the almost snow covered garden and the wife is making the tea :)

It won't last as we need to do more packing :(

The bright side is a roast in the oven later and the pub whilst it cooks
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Morning

Bother. No snow. Lots of drizzle. Grey.

After.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Beautiful day. Late start. Went spectating at tennis tournament, lounging about in the shade with a cool beverage watching other people sweat it out on court in the sun, then home for a swim late afternoon. Dinner and drinks done. I *may* need another wine however.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Very easy morning here.
    No exercising indoors for me yesterday. I did ride a bike outside though. Popped out on the pub hack to meet the Mrs for a coffee. Nearly ran someone over on the way. I thought standing the bike on it's nose and not hitting him was quite impressive, he wasn't very happy though. Took the boy out for driving practice and didn't shout at him, he's definitely improving.
    Off to the 'rents for lunch shortly. Need to drop the boy off at rugby on the way. No snow here, just rain overnight. Cold out there this morning. Might sneak out for a pint later.
  • pinno
    Nearly ran someone over on the way. I thought standing the bike on it's nose and not hitting him was quite impressive, he wasn't very happy though.

Yep, it's your fault when someone steps out in front of you without looking and it's your fault when a car driver/passenger suddenly opens the door.

Pinno's Sunday Jackanory

One upon a time in a place far far away, I was dawdling along at the end of a long hard ride in the heat, on a 2 lane one way street. I spotted a guy in a an MR2. He had noticed me in his wing mirror and decided to wait but in typical fashion thought I was going slow enough for him to open the door in front of me in time. The result was that I swerved into the path of a car who slammed the brakes on and beeped his horn furiously. Thankfully, he didn't run me over and I stayed upright. The MR2 driver waved his fist at me and mouthed something for some inexplicable reason. When I looked over my shoulder I could see him heading up the steps to the cash machine. I quickly turned left and left again to head back down the same road and said bloke was still at the machine and a good 40yds away. I unclipped, got off and after a quick glance saw that he hadn't noticed me so I stuck the 'boot' into the wing mirro, bending and breaking it the wrong way. The loud crunch was very audible but I concentrated on getting back on and cycling off as quick as possible to the sound of footsteps and a whole load of effing and blinding.
    Chatting to a clubmate the following Sunday who happened coincidentally to work for the Toyota dealership, he asked me if it was a red MR2. Ha ha. Bent doorskin which had to be replaced and sprayed plus a remote wing mirror. Very expensive job. He said "Well done".
    This particular clubmate is worthy of a mention on some other occasion...
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Snow cleared off the driveway. Coffee time.

About time to take the Xmas lights off the tree in the front garden.

Then back to indoor miles.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    The snow has now pretty much disappeared here in the subtropical Sarf East, although the hound as rather perplexed when I took him out this morning as he's never seen the stuff before. He likes eating it so will come in handy to clear the driveway next time.

Pop trivia time. We drove past the 'Zizzi' pizza restaurant on the High Street this morning and noticed that it had loads (and I mean loads) of floral tributes outside. Looked like somebody had just died there so stopped and took a look. Turns out this used to be the Three Tuns pub where David Bowie ran his 'Arts Lab' in 1969. A spot of googling shows he lived literally just down the road from where I do now and this is where he developed his 'Ziggy Stardust' alter ego. Small world eh?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    At least my Jackanory was about bike riding :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    At least my Jackanory was about bike riding :roll:
    At least mine is verifiable :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Not as cold as yesterday, no coffee stop as I dislike getting back on the bike and getting going again.

Lazy pm, cooking for my girls and now crashed until bedtime.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Not as cold as yesterday, no coffee stop as I dislike getting back on the bike and getting going again.

Agree re coffee stop - would rather do the extra miles
  • Stevo_666

Agree re coffee stop - would rather do the extra miles
    What about a pub stop?

Now having a celebratory glass of grog after completing my tax return. Might have to do another tasting menu evening now :mrgreen: