Nashbar At-1 headset

RoosterDemon22
RoosterDemon22 Posts: 5
edited January 2016 in MTB beginners
Hi everybody im new here and just bought a Nashbar At-1. I have been doing some upgrades over the winter and ran into a problem that stopped me in my tracks. I bought a rockshox front fork 1 1/8 and i thought while i have my front end apart i will upgrade my headset. I bought a threadless orgion 8 headset with cartridge bearings. I just removed my old headset and come to find out the ned one isnt even close to fitting in the frame. The cups are much smaller that the old ones. I know its not a tapered neck, but its defenitly 1 1/8 diameter for the fork just unsure now what type of headset to buy. The measurement of the frame opening seems to be 1.75inches. Does anybody know what i need?

Thanks

Comments

• In doing some research I am thinking i need a zerostack cane creek 44mm headtube 1-1/8inch straight steerer headset. Can anybody chime in to give me a bit more confindence before i order this.

thanks
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably, but I would suggest measuring, or asking the seller.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Probably, but I would suggest measuring, or asking the seller.

The size of the head tube opening is 44mm so im pretty sure thats it but I just emailed nashbar to double check. Thanks for the idea!!
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    In doing some research I am thinking i need a zerostack cane creek 44mm headtube 1-1/8inch straight steerer headset. Can anybody chime in to give me a bit more confindence before i order this.

thanks

That's an 80 quid headset for a bike that only costs £150 new!!
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Talked to Nashbar and we were right about the headset 44mm with 1 1/8 steerer. Im getting a cane creek headset 10 series for $34. Ya its defenitly a cheap bike but I wanted something simple that I can build upon to make my own. thanks for the help.