It's Friday and it's cold

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
Hi darlings

Bumped into utterly, utterly delicious MILF but as she has had children she is now soiled and carrying baggage and therefore I am not interested.

Apart from that - have walked The Hound, about to go and do a deal on a frame that doesn't fit me and may drink some coffee.

Can't even be bothered thinking about work at all, so oodles of coffee drinking, bit of weights and some chill in' with da hound.

TDV is away again so tonight will consist of curry and a beer or two at home.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm in the office today so have had two cups of tea delivered so far. I am currently number 2 in the queue to speak to paediatrics at the hospital. I was number 6 but that was 15 minutes ago so only another 5 minutes to wait. Cold but dry out there, would have been a nice wobble in but I had to drive as there is a case of fine Italian wine under my desk that needs to be taken home. Also a bottle of red plonk for French France and a bottle of Teachers. Still number 2 and up to 18 minutes. Didn't take me 3 minutes to type that, I was interrupted by silly questions about Stag parts. Today being Fryday I will be attending the cafe to eat dead pig fried. This is good, food of the gods will of course be included. Ohh, I'm number 1.
    Have a good day folks.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm in the office today so have had two cups of tea delivered so far. I am currently number 2 in the queue to speak to paediatrics at the hospital. I was number 6 but that was 15 minutes ago so only another 5 minutes to wait. Cold but dry out there, would have been a nice wobble in but I had to drive as there is a case of fine Italian wine under my desk that needs to be taken home. Also a bottle of red plonk for French France and a bottle of Teachers. Still number 2 and up to 18 minutes. Didn't take me 3 minutes to type that, I was interrupted by silly questions about Stag parts. Today being Fryday I will be attending the cafe to eat dead pig fried. This is good, food of the gods will of course be included. Ohh, I'm number 1.
    Have a good day folks.

more accurate when you were number 2.

MF is that not the baggage which gives you an easy out?

Morning jog with the hounds, struggled a bit then a long slow drive to work. Not sure about plans tonight may have a quiet one and ride tomorrow in the sun
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Hi darlings

Bumped into utterly, utterly delicious MILF but as she has had children she is now soiled and carrying baggage and therefore I am not interested.

MILF's always seem to have this problem :lol:

Brass monkeys today but I used a clever trick taught to me by Inuit elders who have used this technique to keep warm since time began. To add more clothes when it gets a bit chilly like.

Off to the shops soon to fulfill my craving of meat filled pastry. Good luck to everyone with their problems today.

PS Has no one mentioned that Stevo deserves a kicking for having banker mates?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Have a good day folks.

Morning jog with the hounds, struggled a bit then a long slow drive to work. Not sure about plans tonight may have a quiet one and ride tomorrow in the sun
    Who looks after the hounds when you're at work?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Hi darlings

MILF's always seem to have this problem :lol:

Quite. My second thought (the first was "where's the pics then?") was "surely there's a clue in the M part of the acronym?!"
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • veronese68
    Well that was a complete fookin' waste of time. "Can I speak to Dr ...'s secretary" was met with "what's it concerning" went through the whole thing to be told I already had an appointment on the 25th Feb. Explained calmly why that wasn't good enough and I had already spoken to the secretary and we were waiting on MRI results that should have been in yesterday and we had to get a new appointment to review them. Said she'd send an email to them and they'd call. Refused to put me through or give me the direct number. I managed not to lose my rag, but was sorely tempted.
  • Morning girls, it's our wedding anniversary today but two years ago we had our thunder stolen with the arrival of a small person so we're off round there later instead of having a nice meal out together.

Currently spending shed loads of money on metal parts, none of which are remotely cycle related. Had tea of my own making, then tea of the lads making, then tea of the secretarys making. No biscuits though which is a shame.

Onwards to drinking beers at 5.30.

A pedal has been arranged for tomorrow so easy on the beers I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    Who looks after the hounds when you're at work?

Themselves. they are fine being left for the day. Though sometimes depending on shifts my lodger (housemate/friend) can be around and she is a medic. Then rarely my mother when she deems it acceptable to be in the country and not spending my inheritance on travel.

Winter is probably tougher due to daylight hours and the grim weather, however they always get at least 2 walks a day
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Do you fellow bracketeers wimp out of a ride when it's cold like this? My riding pal has said he's not sure as it's cold tomorrow.

I get that it's icey out but is it that bad on the roads?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Do you fellow bracketeers wimp out of a ride when it's cold like this? My riding pal has said he's not sure as it's cold tomorrow.

Stick to the main roads and you should be fine. I stay away from the lanes as I tend to find sheet ice (especially around Surrey). Feedback on the Bristol ice after this weekends rides.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    black ice = very bad. Impossible to see and easy to fall of. Just as easy to break a bone which could write off ski trips. Think of it that way.

As per update to Thurday thread: The Revenant was amazing. Long and epic.
  • Flâneur
    Do you fellow bracketeers wimp out of a ride when it's cold like this? My riding pal has said he's not sure as it's cold tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a ride day, generally the only which stops me is illness hence the recent binge on the wattbike. But with tomorrows sun (cold or not) I'll be out. As Josh said if you are worried about ice then you stick to the bigger roads. hold your straight lines and stay out of the shade.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Do you fellow bracketeers wimp out of a ride when it's cold like this? My riding pal has said he's not sure as it's cold tomorrow.

Go off roading on the MTB.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Go off roading on the MTB.

That's the plan!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    PS Has no one mentioned that Stevo deserves a kicking for having banker mates?
    Funny that, 'cos when I see a witty post from you I think 'wit of a banker' :wink:

Enjoyed a chilly ride into work this morning - none of this southern wimpiness here. Did take a few miles to get up to 'operating temperature' though. Work is not bad today and I will be finishing off my Vodka stash when I get home this evening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Have a good day folks.

I actually don't like children at all - can't even tolerate them. Mine are ok in small doses (TDV acknowledges this small crack in my otherwise wonderful persona) but generally I don't even play the social etiquette card of "oh, you've had a baby, goo chi goo" - I tend to ask them why the hell they wanted to f5ck their lives up like that. Burd at the school has just had sprog number 5 or something silly and I asked her what was going through her mind and didn't she think that this was a mistake.

Doing what I do tends to allow TDV to cover up any potential problems ("oh ignore him, he's just mixing with the wrong crowd at work", etc etc) but I actually can't stand children.

Having to put up with someone elses just to get a bit of dinky booky is so far off my agenda its unbelievable.

Miserable? Moi?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Have to agree with MF there. Children are like farts - you can just about stand your own.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Bumped into a bloke I used to work with earlier - he has an 18 month old. Not sure if its a boy or girl as couldn't be bothered to ask.

Before the birth he was all cocky - he would go on about how the sprog wouldn't change his life and that he had it all planned. I tried to explain in a very nice way that no, its a massive, massive change and that if you don't think that its going to change absolutely everything then you're in for a shock.

He would just ignore this and be a cocky tw4t.

Seeing him today, he actually acknowledged that maybe I was correct, having done it twice before. I resisted telling him that I told him so and what was he actually freaking thinking that it wouldn't change his life completely but resisted and just chortled to myself.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all

cold here too and windier than i thought (actually thought i was cycling like a god until I turned to head in the opposite direction, then it was windier than I was expecting). On the plus side my combination of thin neoprene gloves inside thicker neoprene gloves seemed to work pretty well.

have had two cups of tea delivered so far

I wonder if a tea delivery service could be how I make my first million? like pizza delivery but for tea. I just need a catchy name and i'll be rolling in the money...... brew to you? nah, leave it with me
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired after feck all sleep, thankfully had time for a run and a decent hotel cooked breakfast - before the slow drive back up to Shropshire

Later is pub :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    edited January 2016
    Af'noon

Serviced the van in sleet and hail. Went around the windy wet sticks collecting. Picked up a Latte and a Raspberry and vanilla crown on the way.
    CPU fan went on the laptop, so having to borrow one.

I like children.

Metal bits for what?

Pictures of Medic housemate please.

Mum's are allowed to travel and have fun you know. I hope she blows your inheritance on Champagne, dildo's, cocaine and Gigolo's.

I hope that Stag gas a Rover V8 installed.

What's the Revenant like?

You're a miserable, cantankerous twazzock MF, soz mate. Might have to jump on the Dirk post and give you some stick.

MILF's have needs too.

What's with the Banker reference Seano? I need some mud to sling.

I have a pair of Fulcrum Racing 7 advertised in classifieds with cassette should you wish. Good condition.

After after.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    The Revenent was amazing. A solid, long epic with fantastic acting all round. Loved the scenery, great plot, great sub-plot.

Apparently all filmed on location with natural light and natural weather.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The Revenent was amazing. A solid, long epic with fantastic acting all round. Loved the scenery, great plot, great sub-plot.

Apparently all filmed on location with natural light and natural weather.

I saw Di Caprio on interview along side Alejandro González Iñárritu. The director did a similar thing that the director of The French Connection did and they roughed it at times and got cold and smelly to get into the parts.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    I say no more as every part of it is really fantastic, and don't want to spoil even the smaller details.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Hi darlings

Um, to be pedantic, what about the Mother bit in MILF you don't understand?
  • Matthewfalle
    Hi darlings

Pecan city excused: I understand it all but I didn't want you lot thinking that I had bumped into utterly, utterly delicious woman and spurned her advances for no apparent reason, for that would be wrong.

She is lush though, but it's a no exceptions rule.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • florerider
    Hi darlings

Pecan city excused: I understand it all but I didn't want you lot thinking that I had bumped into utterly, utterly delicious woman and spurned her advances for no apparent reason, for that would be wrong.

You spurned her advances? Cougar rather than MILF? Any second thoughts,its quite cold out :wink:
  • Flâneur
    Hi darlings

5 kids to could be a deal breaker tho
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • florerider
    Hi darlings

5 kids to could be a deal breaker tho

yeah, bit of a stretch that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh no - this isn't the 5 kids one - she's a lovely, lovely person and a few years ago you would have but now: no thank you. Although she is lovely to hang out with she'll have a fanny like a bucket.

This burd is just lush. But soiled.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.