Diamondback Heist 2.0 27.5

Prestwood92
Prestwood92 Posts: 6
edited January 2016 in MTB beginners
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/hardtail/product/review-diamondback-bikes-heist-2-0-27-5-16-49966/

Hello,

I have been mountain biking a few times in the last 6 months and living in the north of England (Leeds) I decided it was a great sport to get into after having to stop regularly snowboarding.

After reading a few articles online and picking up a December 2015 copy of MBUK which recommended the Heist 2.0 as the best under £700 hardtail I went ahead and bought one for 0% finance for £584 (10% off!) from an online retailer. This was admittedly an impulse decision but after doing some further reading I still don't regret my decision.

However today I received an email saying that due to high demand the bike will not be delivered until mid march 2016! My question to you is, is it worth holding on and getting the bike at what I imagine is a pretty good price, OR cancel the order and find something similar that can be delivered sooner and possibly have to pay more?

Im in no real rush to get riding, and my riding partner is in a similar position in terms of buying his first bike too. I guess all im asking is: "Is this a good starter bike for a bit of trail riding and to start my journey into the different aspects of mountain biking?"

Cheers!

p.s if anyone knows any really good trails in West Yorkshire around Leeds please let me know! I've heard Stainburn Forest is good!

Comments