MTB Shorts

kickaxe
kickaxe Posts: 446
edited January 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a new pair of mtb shorts (no spandex :mrgreen: ). Obviously, it would be optimal to try some on, but even though I live in a pretty big city there are no shops that actually have mtb clothing. So I have decided to get some on the Internet (they have to be shipped to Germany). I have been looking at these for example:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B018LUL6K8/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1452274668&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Mtb+shorts&th=1&psc=1

Can someone recommend other shorts like these at a similar price? Also, are O'Neal jerseys good for trail riding? Like this:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00MGE595O/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1452274988&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Mtb+jersey&dpPl=1&dpID=61W04KYh7DL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

Thanks in advance!
-Cube Acid 29" 2013
-A new Giant Trance 3 2015!

Comments

• eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    I have a pair of each of these Endura Humvee's and Zyme's both great to wear and good wearing with the Hunvee's the come with a liner short that unclips
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/endura-hummvee-baggy-shorts-inc-liner-ss16/rp-prod40476

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/Endura-Zyme-II-Baggy-Shorts
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Humvee's for me as well. I've quite a few pair of MTB shorts but always go for the Humvee's first. Also have an O'Neil short sleeve jersey which is great in summer as it's nice and light and seems to breathe very well. Only thing is its white and stains easily.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Another vote for endura hummvee shorts, I even wear mine off the bike due to the multi pockets and fit with the liner taken out.

I'm going to be purchasing another pair quite soon.
  • Another vote for Hummvee. Really hard wearing, can't go wrong with them
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Depends on Budget. I have used Endura Singletrack for years and sworn by them, but I have to admit to becoming a Gore Whore recently. I have a pair of the Gore Alp X windstoppers and they are fantastically comfy, as are the Alp X 2 in 1 shorts, but neither are cheap
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    Endura hummvees and zymes for me too. But I found the sizing varies wildly. I got my hummvees a couple of years ago and had to go XL (32" waist). Bought zymes this year and the mediums are still a bit loose.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Hummvees all day long.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Depends on Budget. I have used Endura Singletrack for years and sworn by them, but I have to admit to becoming a Gore Whore recently. I have a pair of the Gore Alp X windstoppers and they are fantastically comfy, as are the Alp X 2 in 1 shorts, but neither are cheap

The alp-x stuff is very good as is alot of the gore clothing in general.
  • guandax
    guandax Posts: 44
    Endura's. Good fit and don't turn to cardboard after a few washes. Although my latest approach is to just hang em up dirty and bash the mud off when they're dry. I reckon the washing machine knackers stuff more than wearing them!
    Canyon Spectral 7.0ex 2015
    Giant Trance X3 2011 (retired but not sold!)
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    At the risk of sounding like I broken record... I've been pleased with my humvees.. And when you consider they come with inners.. Very good value.. Although I only put the incontinence pants on of it's cold or I'm doing a long ride.

But it's true about the sizing you'll more than likely want the next size up to what should fit so if ordering online make sure you can exchange them without too much bother.
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Endura's. Good fit and don't turn to cardboard after a few washes. Although my latest approach is to just hang em up dirty and bash the mud off when they're dry. I reckon the washing machine knackers stuff more than wearing them!
    +1 Saves on the washing
  • guandax
    guandax Posts: 44
    +1 Saves on the washing

Makes for a more consistent ride - you smell as bad at the start as the end :-)
    Canyon Spectral 7.0ex 2015
    Giant Trance X3 2011 (retired but not sold!)