Anyone with a Genesis Croix de Fer 2016 pls help

hollypolly
hollypolly Posts: 17
edited June 2016 in Cyclocross
I don't think many would own a CdF 2016 (given the price...) but I am actually thinking of buying one, I am not sure about the sizing though.

Since I want to keep an expensive seatpost (Canyon VCLS 2.0 leaf), which requires at least 15cm unclamped, could anyone with a CdF *2016* frame please let me know the distance from the seatclamp to the floor and the bike size (S, M, L etc.).

I don't live in the UK and there's no dealers in my country, so putting my hands on the bike is not an option.

Many thanks!

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Isn't that going to be within a few mm of the standover height on the geometry table?
    http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/adventure/multisport/croix-de-fer-20
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • I know the standover height but since the toptube is sloped, the distance from the seatclamp to the floor is not clear ...
  • oodboo
    I know the standover height but since the toptube is sloped, the distance from the seatclamp to the floor is not clear ...
    That's why I said within a few mm. How accurate do you need it to be as different size tyres will lead to different results for the same frame size?

PS, I have a 2015 Croix de fer 20. I think they only changed the colour for 2016. It's a size 54, I can measure it later if it helps?

Strava
  • That would help thanks! Even though, I pasted the image of a Croix 2016 on top of the 2015 and the seatpost clamp looks higher (could be the angle of the photos though..)
    croix.jpg
  • oodboo
    Could be a different frame size in the photo. Geometry tables would make for a better comparison.

Strava
  • unfortunately they are quite confusing, for example, the CdF 2015 54cm has
    seat tube length 540, top tube length 545 . The 2016 "M" - which should be a 54cm - has
    seat tube length 530, top tube length 561.
  • Size recommendation for me which is 6.17 feet (188 cm) please. :-)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    hollypolly wrote:
    croix.jpg

Gotta love those dual-valve rims... never have to rotate the wheel to access the valve again... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    hollypolly wrote:
    croix.jpg

Gotta love those dual-valve rims... never have to rotate the wheel to access the valve again... :lol:

Interesting crank arrangement too. Must be the cycling equivalent of swimming butterfly.