No news tuesday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
World still harping on about Bowie, only made worse by all the closet fans spamming social media.

Yes I liked some of his stuff and he was very good, but I was never a massive massive fan. I can't recite all albums and their tracks along with release dates etc.

Got on the wattbike last night thinking I was well again, turned out I was wrong. About to order some new kit and possibly return some Rapha stuff to pay for it. Not sure what the crowd in buying advice will think of that!

Sorted a ski trip to Zinal for a long weekend, Good thing about not being married, I've not told the Date, she may even just think I've gone cycling if I hide a bike.

Anyone got suggestions of a good, but not huge map of Italy/Northern Span/France/UK/ Flanders? want one for the garage to pin cool cycling locations on and tick off.

Got a brew, radio is on, emails answered, I may go home now and take photos of all the stuff I need to sell
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I too was underwhelmed somewhat by Bowie, but I understand he was an icon to many. I felt the same about Whacko Jacko, I didn't get him at all.

But yesterday you extolled the virtues of Justin Bieber and for that sin my friend, there can be no absolution.
  • I'm not a massive fan either, just the other day there was a clip of his new material on the TV and it showed him dancing about like he had his finger in a plug socket.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. Explaining what I've been doing and will be doing to people on the internet I'll (probably) never meet.

Yesterday was holiday shopping day and quite sucessful.

Today is work based and may go astray once or twice. I also want to ride my bicycle tonight but I doubt it will happen.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Flâneur
    y) never meet.

great innit. Use it as cheap therapy if needed. Though chatting to some here may mean you need more therapy.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I say "probably" because in it's previous guise this forum was www.mbuk.com/forum and we had several ride days as a group.

We even formed a team for enduro events and managed a top ten placing at a national event!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Quiet here - tepid ride in (force 27 gale blowing from behind, so sped along at a zillion miles an hour without even pedaling).

Coffee drunk, errand to run then going for a swim. Weights session later post ride home and that's about it really.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning all,
    Working from home today, I was later getting to my desk that I am when I go ino the office. First cup of tea was delivered to me in bed by my lovely wife. I haven't had a second cup yet as the girl is still in bed, the slacker. Anyone would think she was an ill teenager. I'll have to get out at some point, might drag the girl out for a short walk to get her a bit of fresh air.
    I need a better office chair at home. Anyone got an Aeron chair they don't want? No way I'm paying full price for one.
  • Oh man I'm super stoked for your GnAr bro, sure you can use sick quotes and stuff but don't worry about the old dudes in this joint as they're just grumps.

1st time skier with new skis?????

Where are you off to anyway?

Today is acronym woe Tuesday. EA require CSCS on site, CITB asks for IOSH to provide CSCS card, RTA can provide training.

:roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Fasted endurance ride, sorting office stuff and just debating a visit to the corner shop for some cous cous. Not fond of the stuff but it hits the right balance of carbs, protein and fats.....

Fasted threshold session before breakfast tomorrow so an early night

The weight i added through December is starting to go which is an added bonus as is the client who needs some nice paying work....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    In other news, my skis have arrived at the mrs' office, am I allowed to use words like 'stoked' and 'gnar' on this forum? As a very keen gravity based mountain biker and a first time skier it comes with the territory...
    Expect lots of grief from roadie types when you mention the word 'gravity' and 'mountain biker' in the same breath on this forum. For some reason they don't like us having fun on bikes :)

b3146e540f93485ccb63f5800f2baa2d.jpg

Today is more work meh. Quarter end has been sorted and numbers tortured. Now dealing with salesmen who want to do things that are very stupid from a tax point of view. Pedalling to and from work lightens the day a bit and helps burn off my unfeasibly large lunch :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,453
    Thought so, having said that I am now full ENDURO which requires a certain level of fitness...
    Splitter :wink:

Yep, Enduro looks pretty tough, although I always struggle to explain to people how physical an uplift day can be (on here anyway). Need more gym time as its the top half that hurts, not the legs.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Thought so, having said that I am now full ENDURO which requires a certain level of fitness...
    That does look like hard work, which I don't like, and require big balls, which I seem to lack. :oops:
  • Flâneur
    Nut cases like Guy Martin are in for it. says it all really.

Sometimes the best powder days aren't the ones you lifted for but the ones you hiked and climbed for.

I exclude all heli skiing in AK on this note
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1902-LARGE-MAP-CENTRAL-EUROPE-THE-MEDITERRANEAN-PHYSICAL-/141614899235?hash=item20f8e7e023:g:bzEAAOxyY9VRTGHU

Bah. Must eat and go back to work. Bother. Did have 3 cups of tea and biscuits.

Don't understand a word of this thread and Moffat is in the South of Scotland so much confusion there too.

After after.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I'm still too worried over the word 'probably' in the sentence below to try and understand what the rest of this thread is about!
    Explaining what I've been doing and will be doing to people on the internet I'll (probably) never meet.

Off out on the steel bike to enjoy the sunshine and complete lack of windyness, really nice 18c spring day :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    date says she would accept this bike, Do i go hunt one down for myself and refuse to allow her to ride it?

photo_03.jpg
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I'm still too worried over the word 'probably' in the sentence below to try and understand what the rest of this thread is about!
    Explaining what I've been doing and will be doing to people on the internet I'll (probably) never meet.

Off out on the steel bike to enjoy the sunshine and complete lack of windyness, really nice 18c spring day :D

I am reading this between glances* out of my window to see the greyest of clouds pouring their contents down around the Midlands, to sum up, i'm either very jealous or I don't like you!!

* reminds me of a phrase my friend came up with - that look you give someone when you smell something a little unsavory - the flatuglance!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Oh come on it's not I like post pictures of my ride :D

DSC04042.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1902-LARGE-MAP-CENTRAL-EUROPE-THE-MEDITERRANEAN-PHYSICAL-/141614899235?hash=item20f8e7e023:g:bzEAAOxyY9VRTGHU

Bah. Must eat and go back to work. Bother. Did have 3 cups of tea and biscuits.

Don't understand a word of this thread and Moffat is in the South of Scotland so much confusion there too.

After after.

Agree - I live in a word of acronyms and gibberish (today the PSAO was discussing with the RSM, the ROSWO and the RCMO the OC and CO's comments ref MATTS and uptake following recent deployment to OP TOSCA)

If new bloke needs some ski boots I have some retro ones going for a snip.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    TOSCA = an opera
    RCMO = Royal Canadian Mounted Oiks?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318