Specialized S Works E5 2003

mjatyeo
mjatyeo Posts: 15
edited January 2016 in Your road bikes
So after some advice in another thread (thanks guys and gals), I've spent the last few weeks scouring forums and fleabay and built up this (with the help of the LBS) - the build all in all has come to about 700ish, which to me doesn't seem too bad. Pretty happy with the result, and it flys like a bullet. I'll try to put a better picture up in a few days with the real camera.

23570236103_63ea2e9e05_b.jpg

Let me know your thought positive and negative.

Comments

• proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Looks fantastic, hides its age very well indeed, and in truth, is all the bike that most of us would ever need.
  • Love it. I have a white bike as well. I hope you like bike cleaning. They do not look like that for long. :roll:

For complete feedback though, I prefer it when the seat post and seat tube are of very similar dimensions, but that is somewhat like saying Bo Derek had a weird nose.
  • I've always liked these, and build is nice and looks up to date, think dura ace 7800 would look good on it.
    And is this bike in your kitchen or living room?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • This is the frame commemorative of Cipollini's Worlds in 2002... nice!
    left the forum March 2023
  • mjatyeo
    Yep, @ugo.santalucia it is indeed the Cipollini commemorative frame - it's a thing of beauty.

@northcliff66 - yep an aero seat post might look better - I do rather like the Thomson one though.

@SloppySchleckonds yep my sitting room - I'll aim to put some decent pictures of it up at the weekend.

Cheers

Matt
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Freakin' cool - very, very, very cool in fact.

Chapeau.

Please don't soil it with wearing modern club kit - has to be plain black or (utter Italian pose value) white or period kit.

So cool.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I'm looking for the name of the seat post collar, did you happen to buy it new? I have one of these (not exact) frames and want to build it up.
  • mjatyeo
    I'm looking for the name of the seat post collar, did you happen to buy it new? I have one of these (not exact) frames and want to build it up.

Did you just receive my PM - as i think you may have PM receipt turned off. Either way, I'm afraid the frame came with the collar already and i can't see any writing on it, if you'd like i could take some pictures of it?
  • Very nice indeed. Amazing that a 2003 bike looks retro already!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great! Would suit a de-stickered mike burrows style seatpost.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mjatyeo
    24245421526_06b1e26c29.jpgrsz_dscf4429 by Matt Atyeo, on Flickr

Thanks for all of the comments - here"s a slightly better picture - I'm still in two minds about the seatpost
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    If you can get an aero seat post in there it will look even cooler but it's lush as it is.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mjatyeo
    wow, that would look so good. How hard do you think that it would be to remove the branding etc? Anyone got any experience of that?