Mekk Poggio

211dave112
211dave112 Posts: 125
edited January 2016 in Your road bikes
Bought a Mekk Poggio 1.6 Sora from Wiggle. Removed and sold Sora groupset and R501 wheels and replaced with 5800 105 and RS010 wheels (to see me through to next payday when I'll get something a bit nicer). Added Challenge Elite Open Tubular tires, K-edge Garmin mount and Fabric Line saddle and ended up with this. May need a slightly longer stem but from my initial rides looks like it should be an effective (and fairly cheap!) bike to race crits on this coming season.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Comments

• matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Tidy!
    Love the gumwalls
    Not a lover of the black chainset personally.
  • Bought a Mekk Poggio 1.6 Sora from Wiggle. Removed and sold Sora groupset and R501 wheels and replaced with 5800 105 and RS010 wheels (to see me through to next payday when I'll get something a bit nicer). Added Challenge Elite Open Tubular tires, K-edge Garmin mount and Fabric Line saddle and ended up with this. May need a slightly longer stem but from my initial rides looks like it should be an effective (and fairly cheap!) bike to race crits on this coming season.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I had a poggio before I got my rt90. Fantastic bikes from MEKK. I think this company will go far. Couldn't fault the bike much.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Very nice looking bike.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • I had a poggio before I got my rt90. Fantastic bikes from MEKK. I think this company will go far. Couldn't fault the bike much.

My other half had last years Poggio - she loved it and from working on it myself it seemed to be a fairly well put together bike. This model has a few improvements - the cable routing at the head tube and rear derailleur is nicer and the cables also don't run externally over the BB which I find picks up grit hindering smooth shifting.

Think I'm going to need an in-line seatpost as well as I tend to have quite a forward position and the seatpost has a bit of layback.