David Millar interview

Paul 8v
Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
edited January 2016 in Pro race

Comments

• Does he say how great it is that clean riders are winning, new generation, Dave B is great, clean role models, most tested sport???
  • Very decent interview by Millar

He gives good interview, does Holy Dave. Eloquent. Which is far from the case with many riders
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    That was on radio 4 last night when I hopped in the car to drive home; recognised him straight away. He does speak well. Good interview I thought. Enjoyed reading his book too.

In stark contrast to George Osborne this morning who did the usual infuriating refusal to answer any questions or accept any of the points put to him. Slippery b@stard politicians :evil:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    IAAF official was talking to him about how athletics was "riddled" with doping and how could they do something about it ?, back in 2009 when he (DM) was working for WADA

Also comments about how wrong it is that sports governing bodies are domiciled in Switzerland or Monaco and thus outside normal jurisdiction, it takes action from someone like the US Federal tax authorities to be able to dent their corruption

He talks about WADA, UKADA...and also refers to national anti-doping authorities as NADA, with no apparent irony as to what 'Nada' means in Spanish...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p03dr12q
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It's interesting to hear they knew about it back then but didn't act on it.

As above Keef, I recognised him straight away, he's a good speaker. Looks like we have a few closet radio 4 listeners on here then ;-)
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It's interesting to hear they knew about it back then but didn't act on it.

As above Keef, I recognised him straight away, he's a good speaker. Looks like we have a few closet radio 4 listeners on here then ;-)

How very dare you! I'm not in the closet, I'm out and proud I'll have you know!

Loved Eddie Mair's parting chat with Robert Peston who's off to ITV