Terrible Tuesday thread!

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2016 in The Crudcatcher
Morning cruddites, shitty sleep last night due to jetlag, so I have a 9 hour day to get through on 4 hours sleep, hope you all suffer as miserably (misery loves company right)......
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• Morning Losers!

Pretty rubbish nights sleep here. Went to bed far too late, then woke at 3am with a completely dead arm, which scared the carp out of me trying to wake it up again (I thought it would need amputating). My alarm struggled to wake me today.

So today, more of the same really. I really want to fit the exhaust that I've bought, however it's always dark when I get home, and I'm not sure how easy it will be to do in the dark...

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    TKM - did you try 'walking' with your dead arm?

Morning

Nice run this morning and now onwards to work meh

Later is sulking as if all goes well I've sold a bike as it turns out 8 is too many for the wife not to notice :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Monging all,
    Dreadful night's sleep means I'm completely fooked this morning. Combination of being freaked out by having to go to work and fretting about the daughter made for a very odd night. But at least I didn't fall asleep on my arm whilst preparing for a 'walk with a stranger'.
    Felt a bit wintry wobbling in this morning, air was cold and there was a heavy mist in the park. Got lots of emails as a couple of colleagues are off this week. Really not feeling it though, maybe they'll go away if I ignore them.
    Tea has been drunk and biscuits to soak it up have been eaten, coffee machine is on and ready to go. I should probably change out of my stinky cycling gear.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, well I woke up at the dark and dreary time of 7:00AM clearly the body clock is working, shame im actually on lates so could have slept for another hour.
    Sat down an calculated my annual pay rise thought it was the usual menial reminder that im being under paid, surprisingly it was a it was a considerable bump up, but still rubbish for what I do. No coffee as yet ive not bothered to get hot water.

TKM, seems to be going round that ive not got a dead arm, but feels like someones given me the flu jab again so its dead/heavy in just one place, non impressed to say the least.
  • TKM - did you try 'walking' with your dead arm?
    It hurt like fark! It's a weird feeling when it's like that. My arm felt heavy, like a dead weight. Honestly, it scared the carp out of me.

Next time though...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,
    Got a good 6 hours sleep last night but woke up feeling dizzy and light headed, maybe my body isn't used to that much sleep. Anyway, monsoon season up here in the forgotten wastelands so I got thoroughly soaked riding to work this morning so I'm looking forward to putting wet clothes back on to ride home.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Does anyone on here sleep well? We've had the hound keeping us awake, he's got whiney at night, probably because he's turning into the dog equivalent of a teenager.

In other news, work is dead busy but I'm still trying to sort out our summer hols after my ski holiday plans went t1ts up. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening vicars and tarts

I slept ok ta!

Got up, helped at the chalet, drov guests to the lifts and went out for a few hours skiing, snow is really good but another few feet would help!
    Day off tomoz,
    Looking at getting the first bubble up for a whole day of shredding the nar' or whatever us seasonaires say!

Night!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    We've had the hound keeping us awake, he's got whiney at night, probably because he's turning into the dog equivalent of a teenager.

Then give it an iPad ....or a good kicking.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: