Wall hanger and bike with hydro discs?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited January 2016 in Road general
I've recently acquired a gravel bike with TRP Hylex hydraulic disc brakes. When it comes to storing the thing I have a few wall hangers set up in the garage to maximise space. However, from my old MTB'ing days I seem to recall that it wasn't recommended to store bikes with hydro brakes by hanging by the front or rear wheels, or upside down. Given that a hydraulic system should be a closed "circuit" I can't see it would make any difference, or allow any air into the sealed system.

Any views? Anyone storing their hydro bike using wall hangers with no ill effects? Just thought I'd check, cheers...
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Always hung my hydro MTB on the wall with no issues. Can't for the life of me think why it should be an issue UNLESS, if hanging it by its rear wheel, any air in the reservoir gets into the system. Hanging by the front wheel (which is what I always do) should be fine.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    If air or water is going to get in it will do it regardless of how you store the bike.

It'll be fine
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • I have all my bikes with hydo hung front wheel in the air, no problems so far
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Front wheel it is then gents, thanks :)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...