What did you get?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited January 2016 in The cake stop
Can't see this posted elsewhere but, excluding bits you specifically asked for, what cycling related gifts did you get over the festive period and how were you pleased?

I got 2 books:
Full Tilt: Ervla Murphy and looking forward to it
Bike: Richard Moore and Daniel Benson. So far a very interesting read if you like cycling history, especially around the Great Wars when many steel brands were founded. Not huge detail (3-4 pages/brand) but enough to keep you interested.

Comments

• Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    I asked for wiggle vouchers and listed 3 cycling books that I'd really like. I got a pair of slippers from my son that were too big and a rain Mac for work from my mum and dad and Mrs that was too small...... I wasn't pleased, but did have to laugh out loud...Bought myself The Domestique on iBooks. Brilliant.

Really wanted the Wiggle vouchers to go towards the Castelli Alpha jersey, mum and dad couldn't fathom out how to get the vouchers on their laptop and iPad.......so they contributed to the mac with my Mrs. Oh well, mrs did buy me a nice Fred Perry top.... But that won't keep me warm and dry(ish) like the Alpha that I could've done with on Saturday.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Evans Cycles vouchers - that's what I asked for, so I was happy enough.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    T shirt with this on it:
    image_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_849526.jpg
    another T shirt with a picture of a chain on it made to look like a DNA molecule and a pair of Castelli socks from the boy.
    More importantly got my wheelstand back just before Christmas.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Nothing cycling/sport related whatsoever.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • philcubed
    philcubed Posts: 260
    Endura strike gloves - nice and toasty and dry.
    T shirt with '5 things I like almost as much as riding my bike' from this website, and coincidentally a mug with the same on.
    One man and his bike by Mike Carter - nice easy read.
    Ribble photochromic glasses.
    5 ltrs of Muc Off - get this every year as it lasts me that long.
    Crc vouchers
    Cash - so had my suspension forks serviced.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I have amassed approx £100 in Evans vouchers from various family members. They are burning a hole in my pocket and my online basket total is currently twice the value of the vouchers. Basically, then, I am getting everything in my basket for half price so I should really buy more. I think?
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Didn't ask for anything for the bike/kit. As it is my sport I buy it myself and so prefer presents that I would like but I know the money ends up on cycling etc.

However I did receive 2 pocket notepads with cycling pictures etc in my stocking
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Nothing cycling related either. Some clothes, a scarf and a naughty Miss Santa outfit.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Nothing cycling related either. Some clothes, a scarf and a naughty Miss Santa outfit.

You did win gels though, didn't you? Perhaps you left them out for Santa instead of a mince pie and sherry so that he didn't bonk.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    I got a Team Rwanda jersey. Properly chuffed with that.

And an apple press for cider making. I like drinking cider, and cycling, and drinking cider after cycling, so I think that makes it related.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    B&M Ixon IQ Premium front light. Now I can be out for 4 hours without having to faff around changing batteries.
    (And a freebie buff since i'm a new customer with Rose)
    And some more Wiggle vouchers which when added to the ones I got for my birthday back in September, have turned into some jerseys, a base layer and a winter hat. And some Haribo I hope.
    And a copy of Obsessive Compulsive Cycling Disorder which is quite amusing.
    And a copy of Cyclist which is slightly disappointing. I suppose it's inevitable; there's only so much to be written about cycling, but it seems near identical to the last one I read. Another article on riding in Spain, 2 pages on the cycling cap, shallow interview with a pro (Geraint Thomas in this case), rolling resistance of different width tyres (but only a couple of makes)...

And a lot of chocolate and whisky which now consumed will be fuelling rides for the forseeable; managed to put on a respectable 7 pounds over the festive period :D
  • I didn't get anything cycle related that I didn't ask for however on my list was a set of wheels.

Under the request for wheels was a link to the set I wanted.

Under the link it said (and I quote...) If I get new wheels I can use my old rear as a turbo wheel and then put a turbo specific tyre on it so it won't ruin normal tyres.

And under that was a link to a Trax turbo tyre.

I didn't get the wheels but still got the turbo tyre :roll:

She said "I wasn't buying you a set of wheels as well as a Sonos Play Bar" :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Rapha vouchers to go with some more I got for my birthday in November - the only Rapha item I want/need is not in the sale though (winter bibs with pad) although they are in the "coral" colour - blooming annoying that is :cry:

Some cycling socks from eldest daughter which I won't wear :oops:

Toe covers in garish red from works secret Santa, which again I'm unlikely to wear. I am an ungrateful wretch I know but that's why I tell everyone to not get me anything.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    cash which I used towards a new MTB and the obligatory socks some for cycling and some for real life
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    My youngest got me a bottle of 100% Pain (a 40,000 scoville chili sauce), bloody hell it's hot. Tried it (as you do) by putting some on the end of my finger and licking it, won't be doing that again, after 15 minutes my mouth felt like I'd been to the dentist and had novocaine (or whatever they use as anaesthetic these days). As they say, a little goes a long way.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    Bbrap, Ive got some of that in my desk at work, got quite a selection of Caribbean pepper sauces, chill powders etc. I love a hot sauce, but that one is 100% pain! Work colleagues try it, even after I have warned them and they know I like it hot, I don't know anyone that can handle it.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Nothing cycling related this year but I did get two Fred Perry Bradley Wiggins tops so I suppose that counts, doesn't it?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Well the Wiggle parcel's on my desk, clothing all as expected, but despite a forensic search it contains no Haribo :(

I'll have to count it as the first step on my post Christmas weight loss program :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    In accordance with my wishes and as a reflection on my attitude to Xmas, I got FA, nowt, nothing.

I am happy with that. :D
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    The other half got me a Rapha merino neck warmer thingy and a Flanders winter cap - so I'm just waiting for weather cold enough to wear them (next week looks more like it!).
    She also got me a pair of socks from Look Mum No Hands - she tends to pick up something when she's dahn in the smoke. Which is nice.
    Also a £20 Evans voucher from the Sis in Law. Which converted to Knee warmers.

Not a bad haul. Especially as my present to myself was a nice red Brevet Short sleeve from the Archive store in Mcr.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Wiggle vouchers
    Kindle e-books about cycling

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Nothing cycling related thankfully, it would just have been more stuff.
    But chuffed to bits with a Roberts Retro Digital Radio...... Planet Rock all the way.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Cycling-related: a Carradice Camper Longflap saddle bag, plus QR Bagman support for it.

Chuffed to over the moon and back.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Ti Look pedals, Bike Stand, Castelli long sleeved summer jersey, Rapha Gillet. "The Rules" book. 5/10 shoes and flat pedals. I sold my Colnago, which someone bought for a Christmas present.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    G's book, Procycling Review of the year. Day pass to go out cycling on boxing day.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

Well the Wiggle parcel's on my desk...no Haribo :(

I mentioned the "no Haribo" issue in the comments box on one of my orders and they offered to send me some specially :lol:

Was somewhat miffed when having spent over £1,000 on a bike with them, I still only got a 10p bag :shock: I was expecting at least a case full :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I got the normal - tat, grief and a big box of disappointment.

Needless to say, I smashed the bambini's presents to make then feel how I feel every bloody day.

Bah humbug.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.